The Dance

"Come on, Gabe. Let's dance." Lucian smiled. He took Gabe's arm and danced beside Jonah and Keeley.

Gabe moved closer to Lucian. "If he hurts her I will kill him." Gabe growled.

"Damn, that was hot!" Lucian smiled. "Don't worry. Jonah is very shy and has never been with a girl. I know he talks a big game but I promise, he's a virgin and will treat her like a queen."

"What? He's a virgin!" Gabe stared at Lucian. "But he brags!"

"I know. It's been our code for years. A quicky in the hall closet with a girl, pick any name, means I'm sorry. We are guys, Gabe... we don't say those words in public." He chuckled.

"If he says he had a girl stalk him, she was a bad kisser or something weird happened or she just passed out. Lots can be covered in that story. If he said he had sex, it was always about how sucky the night was. His act is for show, Gabe."

Gabe just laughed. "Really!" He was relieved.

"Really. I have never either. It's why we have a code. It sounds cool but... it's not." Lucian sighed.

"You have never?" Gabe stared.

"No. All lies. Sometimes the girls will go along with it because of the clout or whatever. That one girl I dated for like two years, Dahlia? She was a lesbian, in the closet and didn't want to be outed."

"So we "dated" but not really. We would be spotted somewhere and when we got out of town, her girlfriend would meet us and they went out. I would stay out until late, get home late. Nothing ever happened." Lucian smiled.

"Are you serious! They all had you guys married off until she moved! Did she move?" Gabe stared.

Lucian laughed. "Yes, Lover. She moved. They moved to San Francisco. Moved in together last I heard. She's happy."

Gage smiled. "Let's have sex tonight!"

Lucian almost fell over. "What? What was that?"

Gage bent to Lucian's ear and nibbled. "Sex, tonight."

Lucian sighed. "It makes me nervous."

"Okay. I can wait for you, Love." Gabe smiled as Lucian leaned in and kissed him. "I got a little turned on listening to you be all bossy!" They held each other close, their faces were close and they blocked out the world and just talked.

Keeley smiled at the couple and turned to Jonah. "So.."

Jonah blushed. "I..." He was so shy and scared right now. "I've never actually had sex with anyone." He blurted it out. His heart was beating so fast and that just came out.

Keeley laughed. "No! This is just slow dancing!"

Jonah stared and blushed.

"It's a joke. You mentioned sex and I said this was just dancing? Funny? Maybe it was lame!" Keeley smiled and then looked a little worried. "You don't have to dance with me, Jonah."

"I want to. I have for a long time. Actually!" Jonah blushed. "Is that okay?"

Keeley smiled. "You are so cute. I know that you never had sex with those girls. We talk." She winked. "But that secret is safe. But. If you spread any rumors about us, I take your balls off. Got it!"

Jonah nodded. "Got it. You're scary!"

Keeley looked sad and stopped moving. "I know. I scare guys." She sighed.

Jonah released her and put his fingers on her chin and pulled her head up so she was looking at his face. "I love it!" He smiled.

"Really?" Keeley stared at him. He was so cute. "I'm bossy. Really bossy. Ask Gabe."

"I love bossy women!" Jonah smiled. "You can boss me around. I love being told what to do. I really do. I don't like passive people. It's why Lucian is my friend. He's bossy!"

"Gabe's bossy too? How is that going to work?" Keeley stared at the couple.

"I have no idea. Who do you think is on the bottom?" Jonah stared too.

Keeley laughed. "No idea! Maybe that was how they got the black eyes!"

Jonah laughed with Keeley and wrapped around her. They began moving again. Slowly.

Gabe won Prom king and a girl named Angie Watts was Prom Queen. She was into everything and a really nice girl. They dance their royal dance or whatever. Gabe didn't care. The girl was nice and made him laugh as they danced.

"I heard you were dating Lucian!" Angie smiled. "He's hot too!"

Gabe laughed. "Yes he is. He's amazing."

Angie smiled. "Good. He better be kind to you, Gabe. Is he? We all saw the black eye!"

Gabe laughed. "Not what you think. We were boxing in a ring, at a gym. It was a date. The black eyes were just... collateral damage. Nothing serious."

"Really!" Angie laughed. "There were so many rumors going around. Holy cow! None of them were that!"

"They are hardly ever the real truth, Angie." Gabe smiled. "He's very good to me. Thanks. I got roses on Valentine's Day and dinner."

"Sweet." Angie smiled. "Thanks for a lovely dance, Gabe and congratulations!"

"Congratulations to you too, Angie. Good luck next year." Gabe smiled at her. He knew this was the last time they would talk.

Their reign in high school was just about over.

Thirty days until graduation. Holy shit. The music ended and people clapped as the royal couple separated.

Lucian walked to Gabe and wrapped around him. "You are sexy in that crown!"

Gabe smiled. "Thanks." He leaned into Lucian and kissed him. They wrapped together and just danced slowly.

They left Prom for a place to eat and went back to the house. The limo left. "I am so tired!" Gabe sighed as they climbed the stairs.

"Me too!" Lucian sighed. "Gabe..."

"Lucian. Don't. Let's just sleep. I can wait for you."