Wait, What?

Wade and Kevin were silent through dinner and Gabe and Lucian's minds were going a mile a minute.

Holy shit! Their fathers were dating? This was weird.

It had nothing to do with anyone being gay. Gabe would have been thrilled if his dad was gay, they would have something in common but Gabe and Lucian had been dating, secretly. Their fathers couldn't date! Dinner was over and Lucian was getting answers.

"Okay! Now, speak." Lucian glared at both men.

Wade looked at Kevin and they both were at a loss for words.

"How did this happen?" Gabe asked. He was more gentle. Lucian loved that about him. He loved Gabe. That was a little less shocking, especially right now.

Wade looked at the table. "Well, we...talked at the funeral but we know each other from work. I'm sorry. I was lost and Kevin invited me to a meeting...support group for widowers. I didn't want to go at first but I was having a tough time. I broke down and talked to Kevin at work. We went to two meetings together and dinner after."

Kevin nodded. "Uh, we talked about everything. Our wives and our kids. Uh, he invited me in for a drink and he was going to introduce me to you, Lucian...but you weren't there. We got a little too drunk."

Wade sighed. "I had messed around with guys in college so.."

Lucian stared. "Wait! You... in college?" He was learning a lot more about his dad tonight. He never knew this stuff.

Wade nodded. "Yes. I was actually dating a guy when I met your mother. We hit it off and ended up married with you. I loved her." He wiped a tear. "I had no secrets from her."

"I had never.... I don't know what happened." Kevin blushed.

"I'm charming." Wade flirted as the tears that started began to dry.

Kevin nodded and smiled at Wade and wiped his cheek very gently. "Yes, you are." He turned to his son and Lucian. "So, we got drunk and kissed. I liked it. I like Wade." He shrugged. "We're dating and I know this is weird but we are hoping that you two could just get along. We want to have dinners and share meals and lives."

"Are we going to be living together?" Lucian stared.

Kevin shook his head. "No! We are nowhere near ready for that. Wade just lost his wife and I am new at this gay thing." He sighed. "Gabe, I'm so sorry. I know this is a surprise."

Gabe just started laughing until he wiped tears. "Holy shit! My dad is gay!" He smiled. "Dad!" He stood and rushed to his dad and hugged him. "I love you so much!" They hugged and Gabe felt his dad relax.

Lucian stared still. He was frozen. He wiped tears. He was torn. His mother had died just months ago and his dad was dating a guy? His boyfriend's dad. This was so fucked up! What was he supposed to do or think? What in the hell was he supposed to say? Was he supposed to support his father? Would this betray his mother?

Gabe was beside him again. "Lucian?"

"I may need a minute." Lucian stood and rushed up the stairs, straight to Gabe's room.

Gabe walked in and sat on his bed next to Lucian. "Lucian?"

Lucian sighed and turned to Gabe. "What am I supposed to do?

"What are you thinking? What do you want to do, Lucian?" Gabe watched him.

"Are we boyfriends?" Lucian asked.

Gabe made a squeaking noise. That was not what he was thinking Lucian would say. "What?"

"Are we boyfriends? Can we be boyfriends? Will you be my boyfriend?" Lucian watched his...Gabe.

Gabe just stood up in surprise and smiled. "Really?'

Lucian smiled. "Really."

Gabe smiled and pulled Lucian up into a hug. "I would love that, Lucian. Please, be my boyfriend!"

Lucian smiled. He looked into those pretty blue eyes. "Cool."

"Cool." Gabe smiled. "But...We are still keeping this quiet?"

"Yes. Just be patient with me. I'm not ready." Lucian smiled. "Go to Prom with me. Out me then."

Gabe laughed. "Love it. What about our dads?"

Lucian laughed and just kissed Gabe. "Are they happy?"

"Let's go ask." Gabe kissed his man again and they headed downstairs.