Short Morning

"Shhh. Do not wake him, Keeley!" Gabe whispered. "What?"

Keeley smiled. "I wanted to see if you had fun last night. Looks like it!"

"Shut up! This isn't what you think. Go away." Gabe's voice was soothing to Lucian, who just realized he was curled up with Gabe in his bed.

He was laying on Gabe's chest. Oh, Shit! He was using Gabe's chest as a pillow. Did he drool? Oh, he hoped not. Embarrassing. Sure, drooling should be the number one concern right now! Yes, that and not the fact that he was cuddled up with Gabe! Holy shit. His younger self would never believe this! Hell, his self from yesterday wouldn't believe this.

"Oh, you are telling me this story later!" Keeley chuckled as Lucian heard her leave.

"I wish she would have hangovers like regular people!" Gabe cursed to himself.

Lucian sighed as he moved. "Is she gone?"

"Yes. Sorry to wake you. You could have slept longer." Gabe sighed. His arms were around Lucian. He released him as Lucian sat up. "Don't worry about it. Really. Keeley won't say anything either. She isn't like that."

Lucian nodded. "We'll see." He was waiting to hear rumors at school on Monday. Everything was on social media these days.

Gabe slid out from under Lucian and stood. "I..." He had no idea what to say.

Lucian stood up from the bed, Gabe's bed. "Where are my shoes?"

Gabe smiled. "By the front door. It looked uncomfortable to sleep in shoes and everyone's shoes are by the front door. It's a house rule."

Lucian nodded. "Kay. Gabe..."

Gabe smiled. "No problem. And I won't be mad if we go back to glaring across the room. We both know better." He turned and rushed from the room trying to wipe his goosebumps. He got to hold Lucian all morning.

Lucian stopped on the steps. There was a family photo of a group of people. One was a nurse he knew. Sandra. Gabe and his dad that Lucian saw at the funeral and a woman. There were two other children there too. All smiling. The woman had a cover on her head, like a wrap and bags under her eyes. She was pale and sick looking. This was hospice. He recognized the background. Gabe's mother was in hospice?

A very short chapter but oh well! Enjoy!