11 | surprise

AN:
Hi guys, since this is a quick update, please make sure that you've read the previous chapter (Chapter 10-Shopping) before you read this one :)

***

Almost a week has passed since I went shopping with Jasmine and Cal

Almost a week has passed since I went shopping with Jasmine and Cal. We haven't met each other again since then, but Cal and I keep in touch through texts.

"Is it Cal again?" Keisha smirks, noticing me typing a reply to Cal's message as we walk in the hallway of our school after the last class of the day.

I glance at her, smiling softly. Cal and I have been texting each other daily although there's nothing much to it, just asking each other about our days.

"Are you sure that nothing is going on between you two?" Keisha raises her eyebrows playfully, and I chuckle, shaking my head.

As far as I'm aware, Cal and I are just friends who like the company of each other, not to mention his sister plays quite a role in this. I wouldn't say that Cal is pursuing me. Geez, we're not even flirting.

Nevertheless, talking to him and spending time with him makes me happy, and I don't know whether it's because it's Cal, or because it has been ages since I had a guy paying attention to me like Cal has been doing these past few days.

Speaking of that, just as Keisha and I turn around the corner, something makes me halt.

Correction. Someone.

There before my very eyes, Josh Allen -- the school quarterback -- locks his gaze on me. He's leaning against his locker, surrounded by his friends, who are laughing boisterously. The noises stop short as they notice him catching my attention.

I swallow. Josh Allen is our school football team captain. The one who has girls swarm around him, drooling over his good looks and charm, and from what I've been hearing about, his abs too.

I was one of those girls.

Wait. Was?

One of Josh's football teammates grabs Josh's shoulder with a knowing look, and Josh smirks at him then jogs toward me. While he's approaching me, I take in again the appearance of the most wanted guy in our school.

Light brown hair. Amber eyes. Tall and well built. A charming smile plastered on his face.

And behind all of that, we all know that he has an intelligent brain and a good, well-mannered attitude. That's why girls swoon over him even more.

He's everything that a girl wants. The question is, why is he approaching me now, all of a sudden?

"Uh oh." I can hear Keisha mumble beside me, not expecting this either. I swear that if she suddenly flees right now, I'm going to kill her.