19 | one fine day

I park my car in front of her school

I park my car in front of her school. I've promised her that I would pick her up today.

After killing the engine, I get out and lean back against my car, crossing my arms over my chest as I see students coming out from the building.

School is over, but I haven't spotted that beautiful figure of my girlfriend yet. God, I already miss her.

While waiting for her to come out, her father's words echo back in my ears. Those simple questions hit me over and over again.

"Are you not in college?"

"What do you do for a living?"

I don't have the perfect plan to conquer the world. All I want to do is survive each day and make sure that Jasmine doesn't experience the same agony I felt when I was a child. That she doesn't have to starve herself and beg for a piece of bread. That she can still go to school like most of the girls her age does.

While music is everything to me and I can make something out of it, Jasmine only has her education as her hope to survive this cruel world when she gets older.

I know that a guy like me should stay away from a girl like Amy, who has been guarded inside her perfect shell all her life, who is too good to be true for me, and whose parents would definitely want me to be gone.

But meeting her wasn't my choice. I thought that she was one of the million good things that would never happen to me, but she was impossible to resist.

My eyes dart on her figure coming out from the building of her school, and just like always, my breath catches in my throat.

Her face brightens as she sees me. She speeds up her pace while the wind caresses her perfect hair -- those blonde locks that make me want to play with every time I wake up on my bed. Her beautiful grey eyes glint with happiness that they make me want to stare into them forever. She's dressed in simple outfits -- cropped jeans, a baby blue cardigan, and a simple white t-shirt underneath it -- but she looks incredibly sexy.

While she's jogging toward me, I sense other guys' eyes on me, filled with envy and wonder. Amy's bright smile widens, and small laughter escapes from her lips as the distance between us shortens, causing those stares around me to be filled with jealousy.

Of course, they're jealous, because her pretty smile and angelic laughter are directed at me. Because I'm the lucky bastard who can make her beam with such joy. I know that, because I would be jealous too if she smiled and laughed like that for another man.

Still, this asshole here who has no future to offer and only owns a damn old car is her lucky boyfriend. That must have made those fuckers pissed even more.

Amy is the kind of girl you would approach carefully, who would make you overthink about how to not mess everything up because you don't want to lose that one chance to be with her. Even those guys around her are too careful to make an immediate move.