Epilogue - Part 2

Three months later

Three months later

"You look breathtaking." Keisha smiles with tears in her eyes, holding my hands as I sit at the dresser. "The most beautiful bride ever."

To have my best friend as my maid of honor makes today even more special. I'm so grateful that she's here with me today.

I stare at my reflection in the mirror, wearing a simple off-the-shoulder mermaid wedding dress. Cal and I are going to have our wedding by the beach, in Florida, attended only by our close friends.

Even though the news of our wedding has blown up the media, we've chosen to have a small wedding instead

Even though the news of our wedding has blown up the media, we've chosen to have a small wedding instead. My heart beats fast inside my chest, because I'm quite nervous. Even though it's going to be a small ceremony and nothing fancy, the reporters are still going to be there.

A knock on the door startles me, and Mom steps into the room. She's trying her best to not cry, but I know for sure that the tears in her eyes are happy tears. "Are you ready? The ceremony is going to start soon."

I get up from the bench and nod, holding her arm. She's going to walk me down the aisle. She smiles, her lips trembling because of the overwhelming emotions she's feeling.

I'm trying to calm myself down too. To say that I'm not ready for today is definitely wrong, because I've been imagining a day like this for a long time. My heart has been ready for my forever with Cal since a long time ago, since I fell in love with him. I'm nervous mostly because I can hardly believe that this is happening.

Slowly, we walk out of the room and toward the outdoor area. When I step on the sand with a bouquet in my hand, the ocean breeze blows through my hair and skin. It somehow makes me calm. The sound of the waves crashing the shore echoes in my ear as I walk with Mom by my side.

All the guests' eyes are on me as I pass them, but the moment I see Cal standing by the altar, all of my nervousness disappears. I'm going to take my vow to spend the rest of my life together with the man I love, the man I've given all my heart and soul, the man I've fought so hard for.