53 | where it all happened

It's early morning

It's early morning.

I'm standing in front of one of the places that I've been trying to avoid for two years. As to why I'm suddenly here, I have no idea. After the recent disaster that has happened with Amelia, I feel like making war with my past is nothing good.

I'm wearing shades now, pulling the collar of my jacket closer to my face so that no one would recognize me, in case people are watching.

However, it's still early in the morning, and there aren't many people on the street. I'm not in West Hollywood either, where there are always paparazzi hiding to snap my pictures.

I knock on the door of Gordon's bar and wait, a sigh escaping from my lips. After a while, the door opens, and Gordon comes into view.

I've never seen him again for a long time, but the man hasn't changed at all. He still looks exactly like the kind man I met in the park two years ago, who offered me a job when I had nothing.

My eyes drop to the sign hanging on the door. 'Closed'. I know exactly what he's going to say.

"Sorry, it's not opened yet--"

I take off my shades, and his eyes widen as he finally sees my face.

He stares at me, probably wondering whether it's really me standing before him. "Cal?"

Gordon places my coffee on the counter while I sit on the stool

Gordon places my coffee on the counter while I sit on the stool. He then sits next to me, watching me.

"I've never thought that you would come here again," he says. "The last time I saw you was when Adam Hayes came here that night to offer you a contract. You'd been out of reach since then. You left Florida for LA, and you became even more distant. Sometimes, I wonder whether Cal Jackson is the same man I knew all those years ago."

I can understand why he said that. He's right. I'm not the same person. I wouldn't blame him if he thought that I was arrogant.

However, I did that for a completely different reason. I didn't want to remember.