Kabanata 42

Kabanata 42

"Hello, good morning. Can I talk to Sylvestre Tobias? This is Eanne, his sister," I greeted, the phone call was directed to his secretary.

Kahit na kapatid ako nito ay hindi ko alam ano'ng phone number niya. I tried calling his old phone number but no one's answering it. Wala akong nagawa kung hindi tumawag na lang sa opisina nito.

"Good morning, ma'am. Please wait a second. I'll ask if he's free at this time."

I nodded kahit na hindi ako nito nakikita. Kasi naman! Bakit ba hindi ito gumagamit ng social media niya! Parang may allergy ito sa social media dahil hindi niya 'yon ginagamit nitong nagdaang taon.

He's not a fan, okay. Pero kasi, gumagamit naman siya noon for chatting pero ngayon hindi na talaga!

I restlessly tapped my shoe to the floor of my condominium as I waited for Tobias. If he's not ready right now, then I'll just come over to the company. Hindi naman iyon malayo sa tinitirahan ko.

"Hello, ma'am. Are you still there?"

I cleared my throat. "Yes, I'm here. Is he available at this time?"

"Yes, ma'am. I'll just transfer the call to his office."

"Thank you," I stated and waited for another antagonizing moment to pass.

"What is it, Eanne?" si Tobias sa kabilang linya.

"Tob, naman. Why aren't you answering your phone? Kanina pa kita tinatawagan. And you're not into social media, right now, how can I ever ask you an important question?"

Imbes na magpaliwanag ito sa akin ay tumawa lang ito. I rolled my eyes when I heard his hearty laugh.

"Nakakatawa, Tob, nakakatawa?"

"No," he said, trying to stifle his laughter. "What's it, really?"

I sighed. I waited until he's not laughing anymore. Pinatapos ko muna itong tumawa bago nagsalita.

"I don't know who's the client you're talking about. Ayaw mo naman ibigay ang names and details nito. My schedule is free for a week starting tomorrow. What's your plan and your friend's plan?" I asked.

"Oh, good to hear that, E. I already booked your flight from here to Mactan, Cebu. From Mactan, I already scheduled and talked to the owner of the SUV to get you at the airport para diretso na lang papunta sa Barili. You don't have anything to do. Just bring your important belongings there and check the area."

Nagulat ako sa sinabi nito. Hinandaan ba niya 'to?

"O-Oh. Hindi halata na pinaghahandaan, ah," I mumbled.

He chuckled. "My friend is excited to see... you..."

"What? I didn't hear the last past. What did you say?"

"I said someone's excited to see you because you're already a famous interior designer, E! Sprezzatura is the talk of the town these days! People are busy going to your small stall to address their problems. Why not make it big? Build your own building, E. Kahit two-storey lang. Then put a branch in Manila. Jesiah is a big help."

"Yeah. I'm already going into those details. I'm just gonna have a meeting with my staff with regards to their thoughts and extra knowledge. Pero hindi naman gano'n kadali. I think I need more time."

"Ask me or mom and dad. We will help you, E."

"I know, Tob. I know. Thanks a lot!"

"Anything for you, E. I have a meeting after this, in— oh in two minutes. I'll send you your flight details tonight. I'll also send the number of the driver in the SUV. Goodbye, E!"