Part 9

The Witch King’s palace in central London was painted black. It was decorated Gothically and seemed old fashioned. Surrounding the king in his throne room were his three most distrusted advisors. Each was a genetic mutation created by the evil Hoo centuries before, a man lion, a man unicorn and a man bulldog. In fact the man unicorn was a female so do we say a female man unicorn?

Guarding the doors were paired Bigfoots and yetis. The yetis were dressed as Irish guards and the Bigfeet as grenadier guards. (The Bigfoots/feet did not need bearskin hats seeing as they already had furry heads, however they did grow their hair long and backcombed it to make it look a little like a Busby.)

“Can we trust this lord D’ark,” the Witch King asked his advisors.

“If you do not trust him,” said the man lion, “then just kill him and steal the time travel device.”

“It’s not stealing if he’s dead,” interjected the man unicorn female, “it’s plunder Leo.”

“Why don’t you just give him the deal?” suggested the man bulldog, “it’s only one dimension, you’ll have six others.”

“If he is truly evil,” replied the king, “then he would be a good ally, as long as he is lawful evil.”

“So more like a devil than a demon, if you believe what it says in the D&D Monster Manual.”

“Can you have a good-evil ally?” wondered Leo.

“You know what I mean,” derided the king, “a, er, bang up, cracking, great, groovy, neat, nifty ally.”

“So all the synonyms for good while not meaning nice,” thought the bulldog.

“Yes John,” commented the king, “let me mull this over.”

“With some mulled wine?” suggested the female man unicorn.

“That would be nice Cinnabelle, thank you,” the king held out his goblet and she poured some mulled wine into it. The king mulled over the mulled wine and allowed his mullet to fall into it slightly, “I think I will have him as an ally.”

“Whew,” said the Author quietly to himself, “it would have caused a problem to the plot if D’ark had died so early on in the book.”

The 34 hour cybermart was at the bottom of the block where Arthur and Trelainne’s had their penthouse .

“Greetings,” greeted the meeter and greeter droid.

“Uh,” grunted Arthur as he went over to the order counter. A servant droid was already there trying to order some vegetarian vegetables.

“Can I have some vegetarian mixed vegetables please?”

“We cannot get those from our suppliers,” replied the order droid.

“Can I have some vegetarian mixed vegetables please?”

“We cannot get those from our suppliers.”

“Er, excuse me,” butted in Arthur, “but I am a proper person, could you serve me first please?”

“I am sorry,” explained the order droid, “but we cannot have queue jumpers.”

“Don’t you obey the three laws of robotics?”

“Yes Sir but pushing in is not covered by the laws of robotics.”

“Well can you hurry up and give him his vegetarian vegetables?”