Part 23

“That was really good Sid, I hope the others can match you.”

Sid crossed his arms grumpily.

“Er, I think…” began With.

“No,” reminded Arthur, “you last With, and make sure it is really good.” He looked at Arianne, “What is your suggestion dear?”

“I was thinking we could go in dressed as yetis,” she thought.

“Where is the funny bit?”

“I was hoping that that would be a good piece of visual comedy, you know Sid tripping over, Trelainne and I trying to make ourselves look a bit better with makeup etc.”

Trelainne laughed a little.

“That was abominable. Thank you dear, I think that might need a bit more work on it.” He then looked at Lee, “What is yours Lee?”

“I think we could go in covertly, dressed in ninja gear,” thought Lee.

“But you are Chinese, not Japanese?”

“So, I’m not racist, are you?”

“Where’s the funny bit?”

“When I punch you in the nose for being racist.”

Arthur baulked a bit, “Violence breeds violence, as you say in your own puppet show. I think Sid has had the best and funniest suggestion so far.” Looking to Biggs on his right he said, “Biggs?”

“I think we should go in dressed as you. Then we can be you-men of the guard.”

“That’s just a variation of mine,” noted Sid, “and it’s not as funny.”

“Quiet Sid,” ordered Arthur, “I quite liked it, it pandered to my ego. Anything else Biggs?”

“Well I did feel a bit off colour today. I think it was that dodgy curry last night.”

“Ok, you are excused from being funny for the rest of the day.” Glancing at Trelainne he raised his eyebrows.

“What do you call frosted flakes dangling from the ceiling?” she asked.

“What’s that got to do with getting in to the Witch King’s palace?”

“Nothing, but at least it’s funny.”

“We’ll have to see what the punch line is first before we decide that. What do you call frosted flakes dangling from the ceiling?”

“A snow mobile.”

Arianne laughed.

“Have you a proper humorous suggestion for getting into the Witch King’s palace?”

“No, as tourists, no.”

“That is not a bad idea, make it funnier.”

“We could pretend to be tourists; camera, sunglasses etc, then stay behind in the palace until they close up. At night we can make our way into the king’s private quarters and rescue Fawh.”

“Funny bit?”

“You on a unicycle with a red nose.”

Arthur gurned, “Your go Alf.”

“Do we know if Fawh’s at the palace?”

“Why?”

“Well I’m sure I heard the set elves talking about getting Senda Castle ready for the next scene.”

“You and your big pointy wood elf ears,” commented Sid, “you’re like a donkey with radar implants.”