Part 28

“It seems to be,” sniffed Arthur as he sniffed his clothing which now smelled of rotting vegetables and fish.

“You smell like a bad night out on the town,” nasalled Sid as he got close to Arthur.

“Stop nasalling me Sid.”

“Nasalling is not a word.”

“The Author just used it.”

“What does he know?”

“Well quite a lot actually if you read his biography.”

“This is the Seventh book in the Arth series, he hasn’t written his biography yet.”

“I wonder what I can call it?” thought I.

“You’ve already called it…” began Sid as I shut him up.

“Can’t you do that a bit more often Author?” Arthur commented, “He does get on my nerves so much.”

“It’s just that I don’t want him to tell me what my biography’s going to be called.”

“I don’t know how he remembers anyway, I don’t.”

“Well you can help me name it then.”

At this Sid went very red, still unable to talk.

“Do you promise not to tell me what my biography is going to be called?”

Sid nodded, “Aye I do but it might be a mistake letting beardy there help you.”

Arthur snooted a bit then made his first suggestion, “Only when I Arth?”

“That’s a good one Arthur, I might use that one.”

“Hrumph!” exhaled Sid, “it’s going to be an autobiography anyway.”

“Does that make a difference?” inquired I.

“Well you write it after your time in international ministry,” explained Sid.

“Maybe I should leave naming it until after then, then.”

Sid grinned at Arthur, “Hah, I’m glad he didn’t go with ‘Only When I Arth’.”

“You’d better hope we’re not in a time loop, and the only way out is if the Author does indeed call his autobiography ‘Only When I Arth’ to get out of it.”

Just then, to stop this annoying little interlude, Lee and With came up from the cellar via the other door. The ideas wall was separating both parties.

“Are you having a party behind there?” inquired Lee.

“The Author meant you were separated from us four.”

“Are you talking to Fawh?” asked With.

“No I meant the four of us, Arthur, Sid, Arianne and Trelainne,” explained Arthur. “Have you found Fawh?”

“No, but we found the Witch King and two unconscious guards.”

“Are you alright?”

“Yes,” answered Lee, “the Witch King was also unconscious. It seems there’s been a coup.”

“A dove like coo?”

“No a chicken like coup.”

“Oh, you mean a coup with a silent p.”

“That’s a bit like when a pea falls in a forest and there’s no one to hear it,” philosophised Sid.

“Were you watching that episode of QI again, the one where the fellow says that if there isn’t an ear to hear something then there’s no sound?” Arthur inquired of Sid.

“The other fellow said that an electronic ear could hear it.”