Part 24

Arthur looked at Sid to shut him up then back at Alf. “So now you have to come up with a funny way to get in to Senda Castle.”

“Skateboard and banana skins.”

“And how does that work?”

“We skateboard into the castle, drop the banana skins to make the guards fall over, rescue Fawh and skateboard out.”

“I think you’ve slipped up a bit there,” mentioned Sid.

“I do not like the skateboarding idea Alf. I cannot skateboard. Something to do with when…” Arthur then looked at With, “Now then With, anything you say must surely be better than the stuff we have heard already.”

“We get into the castle using our IWTs, scout it out, find Fawh, rescue him, leave plastic explosives on all the toilet seats, then escape.”

“Why on the toilet seats?” asked Arthur.

“So they have nothing to go on afterwards.”

“That’s a good funny idea, what type of plastic explosives?”

“I thought you’d never ask, C Fawh.”

The others all groaned, even Sid who still felt a bit miffed.

CHAPTER FIVE

The Castle of Senda. Not only a pun on the Castle of Zenda but also named so that when, and if, the Author wrote a sequel to the story it could be called ‘Return to Senda’.

“That was a terrible pun Author," commented Sid as they all appeared in the kitchen of Castle Senda.

“Be a bit quieter Sid,” whispered Arthur, “we don’t want to draw the guards this way.”

“I don’t want to draw the guards any way, I’m not too good at drawing.”

“Alert the guards then.”

“Don’t be silly, we don’t want to alert the guards.”

“I didn’t mean that, I was altering my other sentence so that you understood it better.”

“Oh, silly me.”

Biggs opened the door to the kitchen and looked out into the hall.

“Is it a hall?” he asked the Author, because in such a castle as this there was a giant hall used for family get togethers and banquets.

“Passageway then?”

Either way, as a hallway or a passageway, there was ne’er a person to be seen.

“Ne’er,” commented Sid, “I bet he’s been talking in his Sean Connery accent again.”

Biggs slinked out into the hall/passageway. 

“I wouldn’t slink Author,” he grumped, “my character wouldn’t slink. Creep maybe.”

“Creep’s a good one,” jibed Sid, “seeing as you are a creep.”

Biggs started to go red and looked very angry.

“Calm down both of you,” ordered Arthur, “we’re here to rescue Fawh, not to get captured ourselves.”

As Biggs walked over he said quietly, “There seems to be noone here.”

“Noone? Who’s Noone?”

“No one, I meant no one, the Author misspelled it.”

“Right then,” righted Arthur, “we’ll split up. You two,” he pointed to Arianne and Trelainne, “check the cellar.”

Arianne pouted, “We want to check the Witch Queen’s bedroom.”

“Any particular reason?”

“We want to see what’s the latest fashion for royalty in this dimension.”