Part 37

Tintagel, June the 14th, 490. A castle overlooking the sea on the Cornish coast. “I thought he said Cornish toast,” misheard Sid who, along with Arthur, Biggs and Alf had appeared in the courtyard.

There was no one around because it was still night.

“How can we see if it’s night?” wondered Arthur as he turned his stun pistol to glow.

“Alf and I were perfectly able to see in the dark thank you,” thanked Sid.

“From the readout on my IWT it’s 2am on June the 14th,” read out Biggs as he used his glowing stun pistol to see the dials on his IWT.

“I don’t see any bad guys,” observed Arthur, “do you think we are early?”

“I think we need to find Mrs. Pendragon?” suggested Alf.

“You mean Arianne?” queried Arthur.

“No, your mother!” replied Alf.

“What’s this place called again?” inquired Sid.

“Tintagel,” informed Alf.

“That sounds like the special you get with Harry the Hairdresser,” smirked Sid.

“What is that?” wondered Arthur.

“Tint’n gel.”

“Very good Sid, now let’s find me.”

“Have you taken a paradox pill?” inquired Biggs, “You know, the Blinovitch effect.”

“Oh alright,” conceded Arthur as he popped a paradox pill on his palette.

“That’s a lot of peas,” thought Sid, “almost like…”

“We have had the pea soup fog joke in another book Sid, we will have to come up with something else,” interrupted Arthur.

“Like us in a pod.”

Arthur groaned, “That was peathetic,” he punned. Then he looked at Biggs and Alf. “Let us find baby me.” Walking towards the tower he was stopped by a guard.

“Excuse me Sir, but who are you?” asked the guard.

“King Arthur.”

“Really, King of which kingdom?”

“Britannia?”

“Britannia has no king at the moment. King Uther Pendragon tried to unite all of the other nobles but failed. It is his son whom we are expecting to be born tonight.

“Ahh,” aahhed Arthur, “I did not expect this,” and stunned the guard with his stun pistol.

“What’d ye do that for?” inquired Sid.

“Did you want to explain to him that we were time travellers from the future who want to protect baby me?”

“We should really have come up with a cover story to explain our presence here,” suggested Biggs in a self righteous tone.

“Don’t get all self righteous on us now Biggs,” quoted Arthur.

“I think that we should say Sid is a noble from Scotland/Pictland who wants to bless the new baby,” suggested Alf.

“Not bad Alf,” thought Arthur, “but we want to be around the baby all day so that we can protect baby me from Bunny Malone.”