Part 30

CHAPTER SIX

As Frederick the X looked out of the doorway of his cell he said, “I am the ruler of Britannia, why have I been locked in this cell?”

“We do not know, we found you here,” replied Arthur in his best upper class accent hoping that Frederick would know that he too was a king.

“If you weren’t in a soundproofed cell and unable to be heard we would have left you,” interrupted Sid.

“I don’t talk to dwarves,” sneered the king.

“Oh you don’t, a dwarvist eh?”

“It is my country, I can do what I like,” Frederick folded his arms.

“So why were you locked up then?” inquired Arthur.

“All I can remember was that I was watching TV when my servant came in with my night cap.”

One of the retrainers looked out of the other soundproofed lockable cell window. The king looked back at him.

“Me?” said Arthur.

“No King Frederick,” said I.

King Frederick looked at the window, “There, that retrainer brought my drink into me.”

Lee picked the lock to the other cell almost as impossibly fast as they do on ‘Alias’.

“Your highness,” said the retrainer, “I think we have been compromised.”

Arthur sighed quietly, “If only my subjects would call me Your Highness.”

“We should call you your beardiness,” grinned Sid.

“That’s very subjective,” thought Arthur.

“Well I’m a subjective subject.”

“Excuse me,” interrupted King Frederick, “but I thought this scene was supposed to be about me?”

“He’s conceited isn’t he,” commented Sid, “like somebody else I know.”

Arthur spoke to King Frederick, “We are looking for our friend, a shape changer called Fawh.”

“Hah!” hahed the Witch King, “that’s how we were compromised. That’s why I have all the shape changers put to death.”

“He’s not…” began Arianne.

“How can he be dead,” guessed Frederick, “he’s obviously the one who put me in here.”

“Why would he put you in here?” wondered Arthur.

“He was probably in league with the two D’arks.”

“Oh no,” exclaimed Arthur, “I forgot D’ark was trying to sell you a time travel device.”

“How do you know?” asked Frederick.

“We are IPP time agents sent to stop you causing a catastrophic time event,” related Lee.

“But the IPP do not come to this dimension, they are too scared.”

“We have been following D’ark and realised that he was breaking the IPP rules on interdimensional travel by visiting here.”

“I never liked the man,” sneered Frederick, “he’s too lawful evil for me. I like somebody who’s more chaotic.”

Arthur pushed Frederick back into the cell and locked the door.

“Why have you done that?” asked With.

“I just felt an uncontrollable urge to do so, as if the Author could not think of what to do with him next.”