Part 33

“Have you found anything?”

“Not yet.”

“Hah, I thought so. I did have the best idea, to split into twos.”

“Shhh!” shushed Trelainne, “there are some guards coming.”

They all backed up to the wall. A Bigfoot and a yeti tramped through the hallway and stopped to have a fag. “Ouch,” said the yeti, “you stepped on my foot.”

“Well I am a Bigfoot after all,” replied the Bigfoot.

“That was an abominable joke,” said the yeti knowing that the Author would probably repeat the abominable bit later on.

Sid began to sneeze, Alf stopped him, “I think I’m allergic to furry things,” he mouthed.

“Achoo,” sneezed Alf, “I’m allergic to tobacco smoke.”

Both the yeti and the Bigfoot were stunned until Arthur and Biggs stunned them with their stun pistols.

“Quick, put them in the cupboard,” ordered Arthur.

Biggs and Sid grabbed the yeti, Alf and Lee dragged the Bigfoot. They stored them in the witch broom cupboard.

Arthur took the stairs up, Arianne and Trelainne went to the south wing, Lee and With the east wing. Sid and Biggs decided to go through the Mews towards the chancery.

As they got into the mews Sid and Biggs saw three pairs of guards outside the main doors, all except their own.

“I bet we cobbled the guards for this door,” thought Sid.

“Don’t you mean nobbled?”

“Oh yeah, nobbled, I was thinking of their hand made boots.”

“Cobblers.”

“I don’t think we can make our way across the mews without being seen.”

“You can, you can sneak, pretend to be a lost kid.”

“With a full grey beard?”

“Cover your head up.”

“What with?”

“A dustbin.”

“Oh yeah, Dusty Bin rides again. They don’t even know who Dusty Bin is in this dimension. They’ll probably do you for cruelty to children if they catch you trying to dress up as a dustbin.”

“But you’re not a child, you’re only pretending to be one.”

“I can’t find a dustbin anyway, so the point’s moot.”

“That sounds a bit like what you get out of cows and what they say afterwards.”

“Pints moo? That doesn’t work Biggs, have you lost your moojo?” Sid chuckled.

“Can’t we just use our IWTs to get across to the other side?”

“Oh go on then.”

Again they used their IWTs and appeared on the opposite side of the mews.