Part 12

After his meal Arthur called the others together for a meeting in his dining room.

“Now then,” he began, “I have called this meeting to decide who’s going to be captured in this book.”

“Why do we need to decide that,” asked Sid, “is the Author out of ideas?”

“It seems only fair, in the first book Arianne, Trelainne and Alf got captured.”

“Excuse me,” interrupted Alf, “me getting captured was part of the rescue plan that went wrong.”

Arthur looked at him then carried on, “In the second book it was Lelu, Trelainne, Sid and Alf who got captured by space pirates.”

“But they became our allies and Shillane even rescued Lelu from D’ark’s mining colony,” proffered Biggs.

“Can’t we hurry this up,” moaned Sid, “we don’t want the readers to get bored with an endless rescue revision.”

“Book four,” continued Arthur, “was Sid and Forman by the Germans. Book five everyone got captured and the Sherlock Holmes clone rescued us. Book six it was Sid and I by Vladimir D’ark.” Arthur then looked around, “Any ideas as to who should be captured this time?”

Arianne peeped up, “I don’t think we should let anyone get captured, every time we try a rescue attempt we bodge it.”

Then Arthur got an interdimensional call Lebil and he put it on speaker phone,” Fawh’s been captured by Lord D’ark in the horror dimension. I think you may have to go and rescue him.”