Part 31

Back at Rearingboar Palace the paired yeti/Bigfoot guards stood to attention as their ruler passed.  Yes I am allowed to say ruler, I am not speaking about a measuring piece of wood which my old teacher would have reminded me was a rule, not a ruler.

“Eh hem,” mock coughed the ‘King’ to remind me to keep on track. He entered the throne room with Vladimir to see John, Cinnabelle and Leo leaning on the furniture.

John the bulldog sniffed them first, “Ay up,” he warned the others and together they all stood straight. “How are the plans going for the multidimensional invasion?” asked D’ark/Fawh.

“Well Your Highness, you need to meet with your Chiefs of Staff to find that out,” advised Leo.

“Right, where are they?”

“In the Chancery?” queried Cinnabelle not understanding why the King did not know where they were.

“Where is that again?” asked ‘Frederick’.

“At the end of the palace,” explained John, “are you sure you’re feeling alright?”

“Had a little bump on the head when I was hunting Christians.”

“Evil Christians,” thought Leo, “always praying against us and laying their lives down for their brothers.”

Fawh began to well up a bit. A tearlet burbled up in his/D’ark’s eye. “Stop it, stop it now,” D’ark whispered sternly to Fawh as he closed his eyes trying to hold the tears back.

“Pardon Sir?” queried John.

“Oh nothing. I think I have a bit of dust in my eye.”

“Would you like me to see my lord?” offered Cinnabelle.

“No I’ll be fine, can you lead the way to the Chancery Cinnabelle, I want to talk to you on the way.”

The unicorn started to walk towards the east doors. The ‘King’ and Vladimir followed. “Hold your horses,” ordered Frederick, “has somebody given you a sugar lump?”

“Neigh,” she replied.    

Alf and Biggs turned up, “We’ve seen nobody,” said Biggs.

“Yeas, it seems that the two D’arks with Fawh’s aid have waylaid Frederick and his two retrainers, incarcerated them in the soundproofed cells below and gone back to the palace,” bleated Arthur.

“I didn’t know Fawh had an aide?” didn’t know Biggs.

“AID.” Spelled Arthur.

“How do we know that?” inquired Alf.

“I’m guessing. What else would they have done?”

“They could have gone for a bit of a break and had a Kit Kat,” quipped Sid.

“The Americans are not going to get that joke Sid,” re-bleated Arthur, “try something more pan-global.”

“You mean kind of like a round frying pan?”

“Not a global-pan Sid but say something like ‘they went on a shopping spree’.’

“Well that may be pan-global but it’s certainly not funny. It’s like you when you get out of bed in the morning. In fact it’s like you all day.”

“Steady on Sid, we are only supposed to be coming up with some kind of joke about where they could have gone instead of going back to the palace.”

“McDonald’s for some fries,” said Lee.

“Shoe shopping,” said Arianne. “To infinity ambeyon,” misquoted Biggs the way the Author’s children used to.

“To Amarillo?” thought With.

“Right,” interrupted Arthur, “they are all rubbish suggestions, let us just travel to the palace to rescue Fawh.”

“Via IWTs?” asked Biggs.

“Of course,” responded Arthur as he twiddled his IWT buttons. The others followed suit.