Part 29

Lee interrupted their babble, “Are we going to smash our way through the ideas wall or not?”

“No don’t,” cried Arthur, “there might be some kind of idea or thread that can tell us what’s going on in this book. Go back down in the cellar and find your way out the door I came out of.”

As With and Lee got to the other side of the ideas wall they saw Arthur and the others poring over it.

“Here,” said Trelainne, “it says I scare Arthur silly and he turns into a jelly.”

Arthur looked down at himself, “That does not seem to be happening.”

“Maybe this wall is just like the Author’s scribblings in his note book,” thought Lee, “he only chooses the best stuff to write about.”

“Well I think that Arthur turning into a jelly because of me is very funny,” laughed Arianne.

Trelainne joined in.

“Well the Author doesn’t,” droned Arthur as for a short while he was turned into a jelly.

“What did you do that for?” he inquired of me.

“I didn’t think it was funny really,” I said as Arianne and Trelainne laughed their heads off, but not literally.

“Try making the people laugh who are reading the book, you might sell more then.”

“Right,” I got more serious with them, “you don’t seem to have done much in this chapter so get on with it.”

“I’m sure that’s another line from The Crying Pennant,” whispered Sid.

“Come on,” burbled Arthur as he led them all down the steps to the cellar, “follow me.”

As they got to the cell the Witch King began to wake up.

“Ooer,” said With, “I thought he was already awake and praying against us?”

So I started again. As they got to the cell they saw the Witch King praying against them.

“Why did I have to open my big mouth,” groaned With.

“Come on, come on,” ordered Arthur, “we are Christians, we have more power than him, let us pray.”

They began to pray and the Witch King stopped.

“Told you so, now you With and the girls keep praying while I try top find out what’s happened to him.”

“OH PLEASE PROTECT US…” cried With with extreme unction.

“Can you pray a bit quieter With, I can’t hear myself think let alone the Witch King.”

King Frederick shambled to the door and mouthed a ‘let me out’.

“With, I still can’t hear him.”

“You dumbo,” decried Sid, “you can’t hear him ‘cause he’s in a soundproofed cell.”

“Oh,” ohd Arthur, “we’ll have to let him out to find out what he’s saying.”

“Is that wise?” inquired Brother Lee as he half prayed.

“We need some lock-picks,” suggested Sid.

“Compliment the Author,” also suggested Lee. 

“I must say Author this is the best book yet,” said Arthur as a big bag of lock-picks hit him on the head.

“What’d you do that for?” he asked.

“I noticed a modicum of insincerity in your voice," I chuckled.

Lee began to pick the lock.