Part 19

“Excuse me Sir,” said a nearby police officer who saw the commotion, “I am going to have to escort you off of the premises.”

“Um, um,” ummed Arthur, “it was a mistake officer, I thought she was my wife.”

“Well that’s funny,” replied the officer, “I’m your wife,” Arianne took her sunglasses off and smiled at Arthur.

Arthur tried to calm down, “You scared me then.”

“A bit like the time I caught you cooking fish for yourself at the vegetarian get together?”

“I was pretending to be a pescetarian.”

“More like a pesky-tearaway to me,” interjected a small man dressed in a Jimmy Olsen costume.

“How rude you are Sir!” baulked Arthur.

“Keep your wig on, it’s me,” said Sid as he lifted up his ginger wig.

“The ginger wig doesn’t go with your grey beard,” observed Arthur.

“Well your sense of humour doesn’t quite go with your outfit. Who are you supposed to be?”

“Chuck.”

“Chuck what? Me battle axe? Up? Norris?”

“No, Chuck Bartowski. Remember the TV series?”

“Didn’t catch that one. I was probably doing something more interesting like pulling my teeth out or scratching my eyes.”

Arthur gathered the others together to look at their outfits. “Who are you With?” he asked.

“Brother Shandor.”

“But he is a monk.”

“I know.”

“A monk of the Short Order disguising himself as a demon slaying monk,” Arthur shook his head, “get another costume, a sensible one.”

As With went to get another costume he spoke to the rest, “You’ve done a good job chaps. No one will recognise us now…”

“Excuse me Mr. Pendragon,” said the young adult from earlier, “could you sign my friend’s doll?”

“Action figure,” chuntered Arthur as he got his pen out again.