Part 27

Arthur and Sid were looking in the west wing. 

“Wouldn’t it be funny if we found President Oopah here from the third book,” thought Sid.

“Not that funny,” reasoned Arthur, “it would more likely be a sign that the Author is running out of ideas.”

Suddenly a wall of ideas appeared in front of them.

“What’s this?” moaned Arthur.

“It looks like a wall of ideas to me to prove that the Author hasn’t lost it.”

“Let’s just check this out a minute,” Arthur began to look at the pictures and notes on the wall.

“Here’s a good one,” chuckled Sid as he held his sides, “it says ‘Maybe Arthur could fall down a chute onto some old vegetables in the cellar.”

“That’s not…” began Arthur as a chute opened up beneath him and he fell down into the cellar, (a different part of the cellar to where With and Lee were.)

The readers heard a stamping up the steps, another door to the cellar opened and Arthur appeared strewn in cabbage pieces and carrot choppings.

Sid laughed uncontrollably.

“Yes Sid,” fumed Arthur as he picked cabbage pieces off his best royal suit, “let’s see what it says about you.” He quickly looked for a picture of Sid and said underneath.

“Maybe Sid could hit Arthur over the head with…” he read as Sid hit him over the head a wet fish and began laughing again.

Little sparks of rage seemed to emanate from Arthur’s head as he turned red with anger.

“Oh look,” noticed Sid again, “it says here that ‘Sid could pull some sparks off Arthur’s head and light an Olympic torch with it’.”

Arthur calmed down a bit, “Olympic torch?”

“Well the 2012 Olympics are occurring in London as the Author is writing this.”

“I do not think that is happening until this weekend?”

As Sid was trying to get a spark that was emanating from Arthur’s head the Witch Queen turned up with one of her attendants, “What do I see here?” she boomed.

Arthur shuddered in fear.

“You see Arthur King of the Britons, “explained Sid, “and a dwarf with a battle axe who’s going to chop your head off,” Sid ran at the Witch Queen.

“No Sid stop,” said Trelainne as she put her hands up to dissuade him from chopping her head off then removed her masque.

Sid kind of misdirected his axe into the ideas wall. “Whew,” he whewed, “I nearly had you there.”

Trelainne looked at the ideas wall, “Look at that,” she noticed, “you’ve put the axe right through the picture of Arthur which says underneath, ‘Sid’s axe cuts right through the picture of Arthur’. Is this an ideas wall?”