Part 34

The Chiefs of Staff were waiting in the Chancery to brief the King should he appear. He did, appear that is. Unslouching the Chiefs, dressed in Indian headgear, busied themselves with business.

Vladimir whispered to D’ark, “We don’t know any of their names.”

“We’ll get the unicorn to tell us.” They all walked up to the table.

“Your highness,” said one of the Chiefs who seemed to have more gold braid than the rest.

“Uh hum,” began D’ark/Fawh, “What is the current position?”

“We have no currants my Lord,” said another braidy person.

“I mean where are we?”

“The Chancery your Highness,” another Brady Buncher burbled.

“I MEAN WHERE ARE WE WITH RELATION TO THE INVASION OF THE SIX DIMENSIONS?!”

“Joint operations task forces are poised to invade the Britannias of the six dimensions in the next hour, as long as you have been able to acquire the time travel device.”

“We have.”

The war council member with the least braid held out his hands towards Vladimir.

“You want this?” inquired Vladimir as he retrieved an IWT from his inside pocket. He gave it to the WCM.

The War Council Member walked over to a seated figure. Lifting its hood it revealed that it was Bunny Malone the Opookah Dye assassin. She took the device off the man, “How do I use it?” she inquired of Vladimir.

“Each of these dials is for one of the dimensions.”

“There are nine dials?”

“The first dial is for heaven, the ninth is for hell. As far as I can tell they’re just for show,” explained Vladimir.

“A bit like a fat gypsy wedding,” quipped Bunny.

Fawh laughed a little, but D’ark underneath did not creating a misshaped hybrid that the War Council missed. [Good job I told you though eh -- Writer]

“So what happens now?” said ‘Frederick’ with a slightly wobbly countenance.

“So now she travels back to the past, to the key event.”

“What is the key event?” asked Vladimir, “A key cutters convention?”

The Chief of Staff looked at the King, “Your highness, these plans were to be kept secret, now you have this offworlder here in our midst at top secret invasion discussions. What has changed?”

“The weather?” proffered D’ark/Fawh (from now on DF.)

The COC looked incredulously at DF, “The weather has changed your view about offworlders?”

“Look,” interrupted Bunny, “I need this man to show me how to use the time travel device,” she looked at Vladimir, “at least let him do that before you exclude him from the council.”

“Each of the dials has a number from 0-9. Press the toggle button to green then the dials become the co-ordinates. The first four buttons are the hour, day, month, year. Then press the first two together as well as the green button to travel in time to the chosen co-ordinates.”

“But that restricts time travel to within 9999 years?” Vladimir didn’t comment so she asked him, “How do you travel interdimensionally?”

“Line up the dials of two dimensions to zero, the one you are in and the one you want to go to. Then press both of the middle buttons together at the same time, you will travel to the other dimension.”

Bunny strapped the IWT to her wrist, set the dials to the desired time, pressed the first three buttons together and vanished.

“Where has she gone?” asked the ‘King’.

“The key event.”

“Where and what is that again? I’ve forgotten.”

“The birth of Arthur.”