Chapter 14

Vote, Comment, Fan!! :)

"What do you do when the one who broke your heart is the only one that can fix it?"

"When people see good, they expect good. And I don't wanna have to live up to anyone's expectations."

                                                                       ***

"Just don't do it again."

The next morning, Damon was downstairs getting his daily feeding of blood and I was still upstairs getting ready for the day when I heard my phone start to ring. Somehow, I felt that it was too important to miss, so I hopped out of the shower quickly and accepted the call on the last ring.

"Hello?" Chills ran down my spine at the voice on the other end. "Elena, it's so nice to finally talk to you." I swallowed hard. "What do you want, Klaus?" He sighed. "What if I just wanted to speak with you, love?"  I snorted. "We both know that's not the case."

He chuckled. "Well, Elena. I simply was just going to inquire about Damon's health." I felt my hand tighten around my phone.

"He's fine. Good as new." Klaus laughed again. "No...side effects?" I knew instantly that I had to lie. "No. What exactly would they be, if they had them?" I could practically see Klaus shake his head. "I don't think so, love. Now, listen up. I have what I want for now, but soon I will need more from you and if you want to keep those you love safe, you'll do as I say. We'll keep in touch, all right?"

The call went dead and I put the phone down with a sigh.

After the rest of my shower I would have to call Bonnie. As the shower was warming up again and I was dancing around to stave off the cold, Damon appeared. His eyes raked my body and his expression made my breath catch.

"Need some help, princess?" I felt my lips curl into a smirk. "Of course."

An hour later, we were both dry and presentable. Damon grumbled as I dialed Bonnie's number. "I don't get why we can't just go to her house." I raised my eyebrow at him. "Because, first off, she's going to come here and second, that's just not polite, Damon." He rolled his eyes and walked over to put his arms around my waist.

"Fine. We'll do it your way, but only because I love you." I leaned back into his chest and he rested his chin on my hair. Just after I pressed the call button, I replied. "I love you too."

Bonnie picked up almost immediately. "Elena?"

                                                                ***

This one isn't much of a cliffhanger, sorry :/

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK PLEASE!! :)