Chapter 27

Hey y'all!! I'm so very sorry that I haven't updated in a long time......I've had time, but I just haven't had any brilliant ideas or cliffhangers and I've been editing my book that I want to publish for real, so, sorry!!

"There's no such thing as a bad idea. Just poorly executed awesome ones."

"I'm not upset. Upset is an emotion specific to those who care."

All good things must come to an end.

Elena's POV:

I stared at Damon after Stefan-my Stefan-left with Katherine. I was hurt, but refused to shed a tear. Stefan left me for my lookalike and alone with his older brother. Glancing down briefly at my hands, I noticed the diamond ring on my left hand. I just assumed that it was from Stefan, but now I wasn't so sure.

Slipping it off carefully, I read the inscription on the inside. Forever, my angel. I frowned. Stefan never called me his angel....I looked back up at Damon.

"Damon?" He gave me what I somehow knew was a fake smile and it still sent my heart racing. But he meant nothing to me, right? He was leaning closer to me and the cave was suddenly a thousand degrees hotter. "Yes, angel?" His lips pressed against mine before I could pull away, but suddenly, I didn't want to. The kiss was sweet...and...and full of love.

Damon loved me? But he meant nothing to me. I pulled back and stared into his eyes-so different than Stefan's. Touching his cheek sent sparks down my arm and made me drop my voice down to a whisper. "Why don't you just compel me? Compel me to love you, I mean."

Damon smirked, his eyes widening confidently. "I don't have to, princess. Stefan's compulsion will just fade and you'll be back to normal." I felt my brow wrinkle.

"Stefan compelled me?" Damon just sighed and grabbed the back of my neck. "Forget about him, Elena. Just for right now, please." He brought his lips down on mine again before I could react.

For a brief moment, I resisted him. I didn't kiss him back, because that was wrong. I loved Stefan...didn't I?

Katherine's POV:

I clenched the steering wheel so hard that I knew it would break under my grip soon. Briefly, I glanced over at Stefan in my passenger seat. He was looking over at me, no emotion on his face.

I smiled faintly at him, knowing my time with him was short. It wouldn't take long before he would turn his emotions back on. I was only brought back to fix my wrongs, so to speak.

Thanks to Elena's little witch, my time ended the second Stefan turned his humanity back on. Then I would be gone forever. My eyes started to burn and I frowned as my vision got blurry.

I, Katherine Pierce, did not cry.

But then I sighed, allowing the tears to fall. Somehow, death was so much more bittersweet when I knew it was coming and I would have to leave the one I loved forever.

I pulled the car to the side of the road and rested my head on the cool leather of the steering wheel. Pretty soon, I felt Stefan's heavy arm wrap around me and flinched, not used to being touched so softly. "Katherine?" Stefan's voice was uncertain, as if he was uncomfortable with my emotion.

"Stefan, don't worry about it, okay? We're going to have some fun together." I smiled at him, trying to focus on the task at hand, wishing that we could just run away, far away, together.

But we couldn't.

I was trapped.

Let me know what you think!!

HEARTS <3