Chapter 32

Hullo!

So can y'all believe that we have to wait until October 10th until TVD comes back? :(

Vote, comment, fan!!!!! ;)

"I'm in love with a woman I can never have. The point is I'm in love with her and its driving me crazy. I'm not in control. I have to stay together to protect her and she wants me to be the better man, which means I can't be who I am."

"It's right. Just not right now."

"You're the liar, Elena. There is something going on between the two of us and you know it. And you're lying to me. And you're lying to Stefan. And most of all, you're lying to yourself."

Jeremy's pov:

So, Damon planned to save the day as usual. It could work though. If Bonnie could get Silas here somehow, then Damon could attack.

Silas would never see it coming.

Bonnie had been quiet for a long moment and I turned to see that she was concentrating completely on her hands in her lap. "Bonnie," I asked, "what's wrong?" She looked up at me with her hauntingly dark eyes. "Silas was here earlier. He came as Tyler. He threatened me, Jeremy. Silas isn't necessarily always Silas. He can be anyone, can take on any one of our faces."

Damon raised his eyebrows. "We'll, isn't this an interesting turn of events. It's fine, Bonnie will know if he's really Silas." I shrugged. "Let's do it then. Tomorrow night?" Bonnie nodded slowly and Damon and Elena nodded also.

Dawn broke and Damon and Elena disappeared. Sighing, I turned to Bonnie and wrapped my arms around her, resting my chin on the top of her head. "We couldn't just have been stranded on an island. Just normal everyday tragedies. No, there has to be an immortal warlock out to get us."

*That night*

Elena's pov:

The sun had almost set and I was pacing. What if something happened to Bonnie? What if Silas decided he had no use for her? What if Damon died forever this time? I felt a hand wrap around my wrist, effectively stopping my movement. "Elena, you have to stop. You're driving me insane."

I laughed humorouslessly at Damon's words. "Sorry." I wound my arms around his neck and buried my face in the crook of his neck. "I love you, Damon." He pulled me tight against hard body. "I love you too, angel. Everything will be perfectly fine, trust me." I drew back and stared into his icy blue eyes. "I do, Damon. I do trust you."

We both turned to look at the screen in our little garden of Eden, which was showing us that blackness had overtaken the living world. I looked at Damon as he grabbed my hand. "Let's do this."

Together, we took that step that would let us appear in their world as ghosts and quickly concealed ourselves behind some of the tall grass just at the edge of the clearing. Damon smirked when he saw Tyler meet Bonnie at the opposite tree line. "It's show time."

"Nice to see you again, Silas," I heard Bonnie sneer. Tyler chuckled. "Oh, Bonnie. If you're going to try to surprise me with Elena, you might as well give up now."

Bonnie spared a glance back at me, a mistake that if not planned, would have costed us everything. "You're right, Silas. Elena, come out. Bring Damon too-we can't hide him either."

Hand in hand, Damon and I went to stand next to Bonnie, facing what seemed to be Tyler. "Hello, Silas," I said. Tyler smiled. "Ahh, Elena. Katerina's doppelgänger. My my, you look just like her." I smirked. "That is what the term doppelgänger means." Wow, Damon was rubbing off on me.

Tyler sighed regretfully. "What a shame that you're dead now." Out of my peripheral vision, I saw Damon nod slightly to Bonnie.

Now that Silas' attention was on me, Bonnie could begin her spell. She closed her eyes and her mouth started to move, speaking silent, foreign words.