Chapter 17

Vote, Comment, Fan!! :)

I would like to let y'all know that I'm very proud of the surprise in the this chapter and for y'all out there who know me, yes it is a MAJOR cliffhanger!! :)

"I need to say it once. You need to hear it. I love you, Elena. And it is because I love you that I can't be selfish with you, why you can't know this. I don't deserve you. But my brother does."

"I get it. He's the reason you live. His love lifts you up to where you belong...."

ROMEO AND JULIET QUOTE: (Also a hint ;)) "These violent delights have violent ends, and in their triumph die; like fire and powder which as they kiss consume."

A scream pierced my ears.

"Bonnie!" I started to run in the direction of her scream, but Damon stopped me. "No, Elena! She's got it. Her spell, remember?" I paused to listen for Bonnie and heard nothing. Putting my faith in Damon's words, I sank into his embrace. "What do you think is out there, Damon?"

Damon hugged me closer. "I don't know, but I think it's gone, so we should go back before it decides to come after us instead of Bonnie."

Damon wrapped his arm tightly around my waist and began to lead me towards what I could only assume was the boardinghouse.

I could see the lights on inside and my body started to relax, knowing that we would soon be safe. Suddenly, a dark figure popped up in front of me and I yelped. Damon immediately grabbed my wrist and dragged me in another direction.

We made a big loop back to the boardinghouse and were on the front lawn when I became aware of someone following us. Damon shoved me in front of him. "Keep going, Elena! I'm right behind you!" I shot towards the front door, Damon lagging behind.

The wind was rushing around me unnaturally loudly and I could literally hear lightning sizzle through the sky. After I had finally reached the front door, I turned around in time to see Damon light flmaes onto a tall figure. He looked over at me with a blank look on his face before walking over to the porch stairs.

Damon sank down onto the wodden step and buried his head in his arms. I touched his shoulder and he flinched. "Don't touch me, Elena." I jerked back, hurt by his words. "Damon, what's wrong?" He stood up and went to the closed front door, clenching his hands on the doorframe. The wood groaned under his superhuman strength before snapping. The door swung open at an angle, barely hanging on by its hinges.

He went directly to his alcohol and poured himself a generous glass of bourbon. "Damon! What happened? Who was chasing us?" He refused to acknowledge that I had spoken and I quickly got fed up with it.

I strode over to where he was standing staring at nothing and grabbed the glass out of his hand. "Now, tell me--" I didn't even have time to set down his glass before his arm shot out and sent me flying through the air and crashing into the bookshelf.

I lay there, unhurt, but stunned, expecting Damon to come over, help me up, and apologize. After another moment of eerie silence, I made my way to my feet stiffly. Damon was leaning against the wall with a glass of alcohol to replace his recently broken one.

"I said don't touch me, Elena. You want to know what just happened? We were being chased by someone set out to kill. You want to know who I lit on fire? The vampire that was chasing us. I just killed my brother, Elena."

The only thing I could do as I stared into Damon's dead eyes was gasp.

Whaat????? :)

Let me know what you think please!!!!! :)

What do you guys think? Do you want Stefan dead? Give me your opinions please!! :)