Chapter 34

Hey y'all!! So I've got a ton written, but sadly this story is nearing its end :'(

Vote, Comment, Fan!!!!

"A good listener makes more friends than a good talker."

"I can't stand the idea of you hating me forever."

Elena's POV:

Without another word, I sprinted out the door and loaded myself into my car. As I pulled out of the long driveway, I saw the shadows shift and rolled my eyes.

Of course they would follow me to make sure I didn't kill anybody.

The curious part is which one of them it was. My money was on Stefan. He was the overbearing, protective one. Damon drank people blood, so the only reason he would be trailing me would be to share whoever I drew in.

I pressed on the gas pedal and the engine growled, the blacktop beneath my tires flying by.

Out of nowhere, a pair of headlights flashed from on the side of the road. The idiot driver had pulled over too far into the road, so now he was in my way. I tried to swerve, but all the alcohol I had consumed even slowed my supernatural reaction time and I clipped the side of the truck.

My car fishtailed and I had to suppress a scream as it spun around. It made a complete circle before it came to a standstill. I hopped out of my car and stalked back to the truck I hit. It had to be a guy! No woman was stupid enough to flash their headlights in the middle of the night while parked on the road!

"What do you think you're doing?!" I screamed at the dark figure emerging from around the front of the truck. "Elena?" My eyes widened in recognition. "Matt? What are you doing out here so late?" Matt rubbed his hand on the back of his head. "I-uh-Elena? Don't come any closer." I frowned and took a step towards him. "Matty? What's wrong? I'm not going to hurt you."

Matt backed up, a wary look in his eyes. "I don't think you would on purpose, Elena. But, when you hit my truck, I must have cut up the back of my head." The smell of his blood hit my nostrils just then and a dull ache started to burn my throat. "I-I won't take it all. I'm just so thirsty and you smell so good." Matt backed up again and I stalked forward, smiling.

"Elena, you don't want to do this. Remember all the good times with me in high school?" I wiped the smile off my face, trying to look remorseful about what I was going to do. "But, I want to do it, Matty. And I'm going to do it."

The trees behind Matt rustled and I sighed. "I figured you would intervene sooner or later," I snarled. Damon walked into the light of the truck's headlights. "Elena, let Matt go home." I reached out and touched Matt's throat softly. "No. I'm thirsty. You know, I got to say, Damon, I'm surprised that you were the one who followed me. My money was on Stefan."

Damon smirked as Stefan came to join him out of the shadows. "He had nothing better to do either." I rolled my eyes. "Well, I not going to kill Matt, so don't worry." Stefan stepped closer to me. "Elena, don't drink from him. Don't scare him like that." I glared at him. "I don't care, I'm thirsty."

Damon sighed heavily. "All right, since I'm the bad cop today, it's my job to ruin your fun and besides, I'm getting tired of this little midnight rendezvous." He stepped behind Matt and grabbed his head in one fluid, practiced motion.

Matt's eyes widened and I gasped as my name was the last word that left his mouth before Damon snapped his neck.

"Elena?"

I know I know...........I killed Matt.....I'm a terrible person.............but a little hint for you lovely people is he's not actually dead!! :D

Sorry it's short BTW :(

Hearts <3