Chapter 8

Sorry it's taken so long....

Vote, comment, fan!! :)

And then Damon Salvatore, vampire extraordinare, winced. "I can't do it, Elena. I don't want to." I hugged him, hoping to give him comfort. "It's okay. I'm not exactly sure what's going on, but we'll figure it out. Together." He smiled at me a little uncertainly, but a smile nonetheless. "All right, angel. But first, breakfast for you." I nodded agreeable, taking note of the rumbling in my stomach. "Probably a good idea since I burned off so many calories yesterday..." Damon chuckled and we went down to their kitchen that was stocked just for me. Damon went to work on making me an elaborate breakfast of scrambled eggs, toast, and fruit. I watched him stalk around the kitchen in his normal Damon manner and sighed. "Do you think we will ever see Stefan again?"

Damon never faltered, he just continued pouring a glass of water. "Honestly?" He sniffed the water. "No. But that doesn't mean we will ever stop trying to get him back." Much to my surprise, he took a sip of water and closed his eyes in what seemed like a moment of pure bliss. "Ah, now after hundreds of years, that is amazing." I felt my eyebrows shoot up to my hairline. "So, now you like water, huh?" He shrugged. "I guess, but you can keep the food for yourself. I'm not interested in that." I smiled slightly as he placed the breakfast in front of me. "Thanks, Damon. You know, when you think about it, with your heartbeat and now the water thing...maybe the blood turned you back human." Damon snorted and raised his voice with his response. "That's impossible. I am a vampire, Elena, and that's all I will ever be." I stood up and laid my hands on his heaving chest. "Damon. Let's be honest with each other here. You aren't a vampire anymore. You have no desire for blood. Maybe you aren't human, but you have changed."

He ran a hand through his tousled hair. "But, Elena. I've been a vampire for so long." His voice dropped down to a whisper as he allowed himself a single moment of weakness. "I don't know who I am without that identity. I don't know what to do."

Whaat? Damon Salvatore doesn't know what to do??

What do you guys think he is?

LET ME KNOW!! :)