Chapter 7

Vote, comment, fan! :)

Somehow this change would become our normal.

I flinched at the barely-contained anger in Damon's voice when he spoke. "Why didn't you stop him, Elena?" I snorted. "Really? Okay. One, I couldn't live if you died and two, I had no idea what he was doing or what the price of it was. And besides, I couldn't have stopped Stefan even if I tried. You're too important to him. He would have done anything to save you." Damon sighed, frustrated. "I know, I'm sorry, Elena. I'm just angry."

I stood on my tip toes to give him a kiss, not intending on going any further, but emotions were running high and he took control. We were unclothed on the bed before I could even take a breath.  He was good looking in his leather jacket, but absolutely beautiful naked. I couldn't wrap my mind around the idea of him. Why would he choose to love me? I mean, out of anybody, why pick just an ordinary human girl? Damon shook his head in a apparent wonder. "You don't get to choose who you love, Elena. You and I-we were meant to be together since the beginning of your existence." I frowned. "How did you know what I was thinking?" Damon chuckled. "That's what happens when a vampire and a vampire-or-human are especially...connected. You could read my mind too, if you really wanted to." I smirked. "Oh, really? And just what would I find there?" I reached up to tangle my hand in his hair and kissed him hard.

The next time I pulled back to make sure he was really there, I gasped. His eyes were no longer their familiar blue, they were a glowing green. He blinked and they returned to normal. "What's wrong, angel?" I shook my head, trying to make sense of what I had seen. "I could've sworn that your eyes were just green, Damon! Like glowing green!" He frowned. "Really?" I nodded quickly. "Yeah! Why would that be?" This time it was Damon who shook his head. "I don't know." I sighed and then laid my head on his chest. "Maybe it was just my imagination." He started to stoke my back. "Maybe."

We both fell asleep almost immediately after that, but I was woken up just as dawn broke to a faint thumping. I peeked through my eyelashes into the slowly brightening room. What was that noise? I sat up and the thumping ceased. I must just be imagining things again. I laid my head back down and the sound started up again. It seemed like it was coming from Damon... I pressed my ear tighter to his body. It was definitely coming from him. It sounded a little like...a heartbeat. "Damon!" He stirred and then opened his eyes. "Elena?" I put my finger to his lips. "Shh, listen!" Damon sat still and then his eyes narrowed. "What is that? Is there somebody else here?" I shook my head. "No, I don't think so. It's you. You have a heartbeat!"

He barked out a laugh. "There's no way that's possible. I'm a vampire, Elena. I'm dead." I shrugged and then unwrapped the bloody cloth from around the cut on my wrist. "Then drink my blood, Damon. Right now." His eyes flicked to my wrist and then up to my eyes. before he grabbed my hand. He sniffed the blood that was now leaking out and then slowly licked the wound, causing me to shiver. Okay, that was hot. And then, Damon Salvatore, vampire extraordinare, winced and then groaned. "I can't do it, Elena. I don't want to."

Damon Salvatore doesn't want to drink human blood....whaat? :)

What do you guys think he is now? Human, perhaps?

Keep reading to find out! :)

Let me know what you think!!! :)