Forty🍎

I have never been so sick in my life

I have never been so sick in my life. Come to find out I got food poisoned along with Rosa and Daisy because we ate some egg salad at Sunday dinner.

It wasn't Clara's fault. The mayonnaise was on recall but we didn't know it.

It's been a few days and I'm feeling much better and we are headed down to the store to do the signing on my new lipglosses.

I told Luke he didn't have to come if he didn't want to but he said he wanted to help like last time as long as I wore the red lipgloss he liked so much.

We pull up and once again the line was around the store and the parking lot was full.

We snuck in the back way and got everything ready. If it wasn't for Sid mom would be lost because she plans everything out.

By the time Uncle Derrick let people in a few at a time I begin signing and taking pictures with people.

Most people wanted a picture of me and my mom and the rest congratulated Luke and me on our marriage.

By the time Daisy got up to the table she walked around the table and gave me a big hug. "I'm so glad your feeling better. That about took me out." She laughed.

"I have never been so sick in my life. Poor Luke stayed on the floor with me all night." I said.

I signed all the lipglosses that she bought. "Daisy you could have got some from the stash anytime you wanted."

"I know Poppy but I don't feel right just taking them. I wanted to buy them. I will pass some out to friends and brag." She winked.

"Oh, Daisy you are too much." I laugh.

"Mom do you need help getting back out to your car?" Luke asked.

"No, I'm good Luke. I like talking to people and saying that's my daughter-in-law." She said before walking in Mom's direction.

"Your mom is the sweetest," I said as a young girl walked up.

"It's nice to meet you, Poppy." She smiled.

"It's nice to meet you too. Thanks for coming today!" I smiled.

"It's not fair! Your smart, pretty, and nice, and not to mention your husband is hot." She giggled.

"Well, thanks for all those compliments. You pretty too!" I smiled.

When she walked off I looked over at Luke and he was smirking. "Oh hush! You already know you're hot."

He laughed... "No actually no one has ever called me that before but I'll take it."

"I did a few times. But maybe that was in my head." I laughed.

After the signing, I was ready to go and take a nap I was tired. Luke guided me out the back door and helped me into the truck.

Once home he let Romeo out and I went and changed into my pj's and got in bed.

"I'm going to go check on the animals but call or text if you need me," Luke said.

I fell right to sleep and by the time I woke up I heard talking in the living room and after I got dressed and walked out it was Brennon in the living room with Luke.

"Hey, guys!" I said.

"Hey Poppy! How are you feeling? "Brennon asked.

"Better since my nap. What brings you over?" I asked.

"Brought you guys some food. Clara feels so bad that you guys got sick." He said.

"Oh gosh, it wasn't her fault. How we were to know that the mayonnaise was bad?" I asked.

"Yeah I know but you know Clara and when you feel better go see her," Brennon said.

"Yeah, I will," I said.

"Brennon is going to go help me check on the animals but I'll be back ok?" Luke said kissing my mouth.

"Ok, I'm going to try and eat something if my stomach will let me," I said going to the kitchen.

I walked into the kitchen at all the containers that Clara sent when my phone rang.

☎️ Hello?

☎️ Hey girlie! How's it going?

☎️ Hey stranger! I'm surviving how about you?

☎️ I'm good but why do you say that? What's wrong?

☎️ I was food poisoned a few days ago at the Sunday dinner along with Luke's mom and Aunt Rosa and I thought I was dying.

☎️ Goodness gracious Poppy! But are you feeling better now?

☎️ Yeah, I am thankful and Brennon just brought a bunch of containers over that Clara made for us.

☎️ Gotta love that Clara and her cooking.

☎️ Oh, you know it. So how are you and Garth?

☎️ We are good. Hopefully, we can come over again soon and hang out.

☎️ Sounds good just let me know Lilly.

☎️ I will. Well, I hope you feel better but I better let you go. Love you!

☎️ Love you too Lilly.

I put my phone in my pocket and grabbed a roll and went and sit down on the porch.

Romeo came running back to me and I laughed because I knew Luke was close by.

"I knew you had to be close by how he was acting." Luke laughed.

"Yeah I haven't been sitting out here long. trying to eat a roll but Lilly called and we talked for a while," I said.

"Well, I'm glad your out getting fresh air. Is there anything I can do for you?" He asked.

"Help me shower?" I asked.

He smirked... "Oh, I can do that."

"Luke you see me naked all the time. I don't get it."

"Well you are hot Poppy and I love your body." He said helping me to my feet.

I laid my phone on the dresser along with my watch and took my clothes off.

Luke was in the bathroom getting the water hot when I walked in.

"I appreciate you helping me Luke."

"It's not work when I want to be here with you under that hot water just holding you." He said.

He pulled me in his arms as our bodies got wet and he leaned in and kissed my lips.