Chapter 13

Rabastan sighed as he made his way to the great hall. He knows he is acting like a child not talking to James and others but he doesn't want to look at Sirius trying to flirt with others. Sirius would never see him more than his little brother's friend. He didn't see where he was going and bumped into someone.

"I-" He stopped seeing who it is. Sirius was smiling at him and Rabastan was struck by it. He looked even more handsome from this close. He almost wanted to close the remaining distance between them but held himself back. He shook his head moving away from Sirius. "Sorry." He was about to leave but Sirius held his wrist stopping him.

"What happened to you?" Sirius asked him.

"Whatever you mean Sirius." Rabastan said trying to pull his hand back but Sirius tightened his grip on Rabastan's wrist.

"You are not coming to our table anymore with Regulus. You are not talking to us. One would think you are trying to avoid us." Sirius said frowning.

"Maybe I am." Rabastan shrugged.

"But why?" Sirius asked moving closer to him.

"I don't think it's any of your business Sirius." Rabastan said pulling his hand away finally.

"It is my business because you are avoiding me." Sirius said huffing.

"We didn't talk much before that Hogsmeade weekend. I didn't see you coming to me at that time asking me why." Rabastan countered.

"We were not this close at that time Basti." Rabastan almost smiled at the nickname. "I don't like you not talking to me and others. I'm so used to you coming to our table in two weeks. I thought we were friends."

"We are not Black." Rabastan said turning away. Friend, yeah just friend. He is just a friend to Sirius.

"Wait!" Sirius stopped him again.

"What is it?" Rabastan snapped.

"I want to talk you." Sirius said. "In private." He said looking around.

"I don't want to talk to you. Just leave me alone." Rabastan said and turned the corridor and hurried away. He didn't want to talk to Sirius. He didn't want to talk to anyone at this moment. He just wants to be alone. Why can't people let him be alone. First James, Rodolphus, Lucius and now his own crush who has a crush on someone else.

James said to Rodolphus that he is depressed about Sirius and both Rodolphus, Lucius wrote a letter to him last night. They said the same thing James said. But he is not a fool to believe them. He is smarter than that. If they think he is going to believe such a lie then they don't know him at all. Sirius likes someone else, he understands that and wants nothing to do with it. He doesn't want to get hurt seeing Sirius with someone else. Is he asking too much? He just can't see Sirius with someone else.

Two weeks back, his crush was just a normal teenager crush but in these two weeks, they became close and he just loved to spend his time with Sirius and even James and Remus but more Sirius. He is so, uh- he doesn't even know how to describe him. He just fell in love with him in two weeks. He thought he can get Sirius to like him if he tried and even James encouraged him. He didn't know what to do and wanted to ask his brother.

But, just in time reality crashed in, whatever happens Sirius is not going to like him ever. He likes girls not boys. He is straight. He already likes someone else. He even lied to everyone to go on a date with her. He knows James lied to him about Sirius not liking that witch. It's not her fault but Rabastan hates her.

"I think we should just go with my plan." James said coming beside Sirius who looked like he lost his puppy.

"I know. I just thought he would talk." Sirius sighed. He really didn't know why Rabastan is acting like this. When he and James were walking towards the destination of their plan, he saw Rabastan lost in thoughts and he smiled seeing him. Sirius just hoped he would at least talk to him ignoring James saying that he won't talk Sirius went to him.