Chapter 35

"So? What do you mean by stay here? Like why here out of all places?" Sirius asked looking at James curiously. "You could stay at home or mine or Lord Slytherin's. Why did you choose them over all of us?"

"I don't know." James answered looking away from him. "I just trust them."

"James, do you even-" "Sirius, when did you come?" Lucius' voice made him sigh and turn to the blonde man. "James, how are you? I hope my behavior didn't bother you. I was drunk yesterday."

"You were drunk so early in the day." James mumbled and Lucius looked at him sheepishly. 

"I was just stressed about something at ministry. The new laws and continuous meetings everyday." Lucius shrugged taking a seat beside Sirius on the couch. James looked at them for a moment before smiling at Lucius. 

"I understand. Don't worry. I don't mind." James said to him and Lucius looked relieved. 

"So, do you have any idea where Rodolphus is? I couldn't find him anywhere in the manor." Lucius asked him. 

"He- uh-" James cleared his throat with a small smile. "He is with my parents."

"Your parents?" Lucius raised an eyebrow curiously. 

"Yeah, he went along with Lord Slytherin to talk about something important." James said making Lucius freeze. Something important? Does James know about them and is that what- wait, he needs to confirm it before thinking too much. Lucius shook his thoughts away.

"What about?" Lucius asked him. 

"You will know once he is back. He should be back long ago, but I guess mum is too overprotective of me and is making sure he and also you will take good care of me." James said to him. 

"Right." Sirius snorted shaking his head. James doesn't know what he is saying, Sirius thought as he looked at Lucius' excited face. "What he meant-"

"Siri, did I tell you that I told Remus and Basti everything?" James interrupted him suddenly. "Did you talk to Basti after that?"

"You told them everything?" Sirius looked at him shocked. "I sent a few letters, but he didn't reply. I just thought he was busy. I'll go and talk to him now. I'll come by later to talk to you again. Don't think I'm going to forget about what we were talking before."

"Fine, Padfoot. Just go." James rolled his eyes and watched as Sirius left in a hurry. 

"You were saying something before about Rodolphus-" "Lucy, why are you asking me so many questions?" James huffed at him. "Dolph went to talk to my parents as I didn't tell them that I left Hogwarts." 

"Oh." Lucius slumped back disappointed before regaining his composure in a second. "I just- Never mind. So, did you tell your friends about your decision?"

"No, I left as soon as I made the decision in fear that Dumbledore will catch me or I might change my decision." James told him and Lucius nodded his head. "Are you angry at me, Lucy?"

"What? Why would you think that?" Lucius asked him. 

"I just feel like you don't want to talk to me." James said looking at him innocently. "Did I do something wrong?"

"No, I'm just tired and that's all." Lucius smiled at him. "Don't think too much."

"Alright, if you say so." James said to him. "I... I was thinking that.. that may be-"

"What is it?" Lucius asked him and James looked at him uncertainly. "Did something happen again?"

"No, it's not that." James shook his head hurriedly.