Chapter 37

"Sirius, are you good to go now? Can I really trust you to not go over to Dumbledore and curse him once I let you go?" Remus asked cautiously and Sirius just glared at him. 

"I swore that I won't." Sirius snapped angrily. "I'm not a fool to think I'll win against Dumbledore, Moony. I can't with all his followers still here at Hogwarts. One of them might just kill me before I can even curse him properly and I can't die before getting my revenge on that bastard for accusing my brother of such stupid thing." 

"Good, you are now free." Remus waved his wand releasing Sirius' bonds and he flicked his wrists and rubbed them. 

"I have somewhere to go-" "You said you won't." Remus said trying to stop him. "Don't make me tie you up again." 

"I'm going to talk to Rabastan. I haven't seen him for so long because you thought I need to be tied to a bed." Sirius said huffing and pushed Remus before going to the door. 

Sirius was about to leave the dorm when he glanced at Peter's bed. The rat has been avoiding them from the day James got injured. Sirius didn't know where he was staying, not that he cared. But, he needs to meet that rat and show him what is going to happen when you try to harm Sirius Black's brother in all but blood. Sirius glared at the bed that is tampered to breakdown and hurt Peter as soon as he lies on it comfortably, but it seemed Peter was avoiding to come here. 

Maybe, the rat is sleeping in his rat form in one of the classrooms and only coming to the dorm to get his clothes and such when Sirius and Remus are out of the dorm. That is the only explanation Sirius can come up with. He couldn't even curse the damn rat during classes as it is not advisory with the professors just there in front of them. He can't cause big damage and he isn't going to be satisfied with smaller ones. 

"What are you thinking about?" Remus asked and Sirius came out of his thoughts and shook his head. He left the dorm not answering his question. Lily Evans is also causing a problem. He isn't able to catch her alone at all. It's as if she knows Sirius is trying to get her alone and is escaping him at every place. Even the map isn't making him successful in catching her. 

"Siri, long time no see." Rabastan hugged him as soon as he saw Sirius. "I missed you. Are you calm enough now? Remus won't let you out even when I begged him. But, I think I know why he was so adamant on not letting you go. We don't want you to go to-"

"Basti, not here." Sirius pecked his lips and whispered. "Is my dad back today? I heard he was here the past three days trying to meet Reggie."

"He is here with the board of governors and he is finally let in by McGonagall. Dumbledore isn't here today and I think he took the chance and came back." Rabastan explained and Sirius nodded. 

"That's great. I hope he finds what happened to Reggie." Sirius said looking out of the window in deep thought. They were in the corridor to go to the great hall. The students were walking behind them but neither of them cared and just stayed there looking out of the window silently. 

"Sirius, Lily is alone. This is the time." Severus rushed towards them and Sirius perked at that. "I just saw her leave the great hall alone. She must've lowered her guard as you were not seen out of the dorm for the past 3 days. Let's go." 

"Come on." Sirius said taking the map out and looking for the dot that said Lily Evans. They hurried before she can enter the Gryffindor tower and were just about to stun her when McGonagall entered their vision. They cursed their luck and stayed out of sight but near enough to hear the conversation. 

"Professor, it's post Halloween now. I think you can reconsider giving my badge back to me. I'm nothing but-" "Miss Evans, that is something we need to decide, not you. Stop stalling me and go do your work." McGonagall said sternly.