Chapter 26

"He isn't waking up." Rodolphus said worriedly as he went to Lord Slytherin who was holding a vial of some pale blue potion. "I tried shaking him, but he doesn't even react to it. What's happening? Is he going to be fine? Why isn't he waking up? What happened to him that he is like this?" 

"Rodolphus, calm down." Marvolo said calmly as he threw the vial away with a shake of his head. "He is completely fine. I asked the elves to give him some sleeping potion mixed in his food so that he won't wake up in the middle of the night due to pain. I guess he is so sensitive at the moment that the sleeping potion's effect increased. He will wake up in 2 to 3 hours at max. Don't worry." 

"Why? What's going on, Lord Slytherin. What happened to our raven? Who did this to him? Why won't you tell us anything? It's so hard for us to see him like that and not know what happened to him or what's happening to him that he is becoming so weak looking as if he is- Merlin, What's happening to him, Lord Slytherin. I can't see him like this and not kill those who are responsible for his present condition." Rodolphus asked him looking so angry that Marvolo thought he would just kill Evans if he told him everything that happened. 

"Rodolphus, you should be thankful that I let you and Lucius even meet him. He made me promise to take him away from everyone as he didn't want to worry anyone at all. Yet, I took you to him and you are even taking care of him to your best. You should respect his wish, don't you think?" Marvolo said to him. "It's best if you just don't ask me anything for now and wait for him to tell you everything that happened when he wants to. I'm worried about him too, he is different from many people I've met and I can assure you Rodolphus that I am going to try my best to try and make him better. I will make him better."

"I'm sorry for earlier." Rodolphus said running a hand through his hair and smiled at Marvolo. "Thank you so much for everything you are doing to our raven, Lord Slytherin. I don't even know how to thank you for helping him, us so much. It means a lot to all three of us. I know James enough to know that he would be indebted to you forever when you succeed in doing whatever you are trying to do to him so that he will get better." 

"It's nothing, Rodolphus. We do help each other when the other person is in need. There is nothing to thank me for." Marvolo said to him. "You go and spend time with James as much as you can. I think he would like you more if he gets to know you two better in person." 

"Don't you need any help in here?" Rodolphus asked and Marvolo waved his hand in dismissal. 

"I can manage on my own." Marvolo assured him. "Not my first time trying to make any potion." 

"Call me if you need any help. Lucius and I are both ready to help you in anything you want. We will do our best to help you in any way possible." Rodolphus said and Marvolo nodded his head. 

"I know, Rodolphus. Now go. I don't want any help for now. I will call you if I need anything from any of you." He said and Rodolphus nodded leaving the room and went back to the room James is in. Lucius is sitting beside leaning on the head board and running a hand through James' hair looking at him with love and adoration. He looked up when Rodolphus entered for answers. Rodolphus just shook his head making him sigh and look back at James with so many questions that only James is going to answer them when he wans to. 

"Did you ask him why he isn't waking up?" Lucius asked instead and Rodolphus nodded sitting on the other side of James on the bed.

"They gave him sleeping potion so that he can sleep peacefully without waking up in pain during the night. Lord Slytherin said that he might wake up within 3 hours at max." Rodolphus said and Lucius just sighed leaning his head back on the head board not stopping his hand that is caressing James' hair and scalp. He let out a huge sigh in frustration. He wants to kill the person who is responsible for such state of James. He won't let them live peacefully after making James go through such phase in his life. He is going to torture them so much that they would just wish for death instead. But he won't kill them so easily after hurting his raven.