Chapter 20

Severus entered the hospital wing looking a bit tired as he didn't sleep the whole night talking to the man and begging him for help. The man agreed at last and they searched for the poison, but nothing is found. The man suggested Severus to go back to take rest for a while as he is feeling sleepy, but Severus wanted to check James and denied the offer. 

"I'll miss you. Please, don't hate me. Take care of yourself and everyone else too. I'm so sorry." He heard James say and looked at the bed. James was hugging Black tightly while Black just stood there motionless. 

"Stop talking non-sense, Potter." Severus said angrily bringing Sirius out of his shock finally. "I told you that you won't die. I won't let you die so easily. You are my first true friend and I won't let anything happen to you." 

"Who?" Sirius hugged James tightly and looked at Severus. Severus almost took a step back in fear looking at the stormy grey eyes. He never saw Black this mad and angry. 

"No-" "Lily Evans and Peter Pettigrew." Severus answered cutting James off. 

"Severus!" James exclaimed pulling away from Sirius. "He doesn't need to know-"

"I need to know who is trying to kill my brother." Sirius snapped angrily. "I'm going to kill those two for even thinking of such thing."

"Black, as much as I love to see them getting killed, we need to find the antidote and save James." Severus stopped Sirius from going out. Sirius immediately stopped and looked at Severus before nodding. 

"What? You listened to him?" James was shocked. He was thinking of a way to stop Sirius from killing someone and going to Azkaban, but he didn't expect Severus to do it so easily. 

"Your life is more important." Sirius said and looked at Severus. "Do you know what's given to him?"

"No." Severus sighed and groaned lightly. "I searched all the books on poisons, but didn't find anything."

"It's fine-" "Then how are we going to save him?" Sirius didn't let James finish his sentence. James huffed angrily for being ignored and sat on his bed just watching them talk about him as if he is not sitting there just beside them. 

"I asked someone to help me find the poison and make the antidote. He agreed and he is still searching for the poison, while I'm here to see if James' pain increased after last night." Severus said and Sirius looked at James. 

"Are you in pain?" Sirius asked and James shook his head lightly. 

"Not as much as last night." James said honestly. 

"That's a relief. I was worried that you would be in pain like last night as soon as you wake up." Severus sighed in relief. 

"What now?" Sirius asked Severus again ignoring James. 

"Hey, I'm here and you are acting as if I'm invisible." James complained angrily. "I don't want to go through this painful life. Just end-"

"Shut up!" Both of them shouted at the same time making him jump slightly and Madam Pomfrey to come out of her room looking angry.

"Don't shout in here." She warned them. "How are you feeling, Mr Potter?" 

"I'm good, just a little pain. I want to rest." He said and she looked surprised at him. Every time he fights with her to leave early so that he can have fun, but today he wants to rest here and even admits that there is a little pain. This is new. 

"Don't worry, the pain will be gone soon and as today is Friday, you can go back to your classes from Monday." She said to him and gave him his potions and ordered breakfast for him before turning to the other two. "You two, don't disturb my patient's sleep and get out of here."