Chapter 17

"Prongs!" Sirius shouted excitedly as he entered James' dorm but stopped when he saw someone he never expected in million years to be there and holding James' hand. He looked at James questioningly and then at their hands and the closeness.

"Pads?" James looked at him confused. Severus knew what was going in Sirius' mind and moved his hand away from James' and stood up from his chair just as James got up from the bed.

Rabastan looked at the both of them with narrowed eyes and his eyes caught the glowing of the journal from the corner of the room. What's going on? He thought to himself in anger and suspicion. Why is Severus here and that too so close to James. He didn't think much of it when he saw James and Severus talking on that first Hogsmeade weekend, but now it doesn't look like nothing. Also, James ignored his Lucius and Rodolphus to spend time with Severus. Isn't it suspicious?

"What is he doing here?" Sirius asked James who looked at Severus and then back at Sirius who had a curious expression on his face.

"He was just passing by and wanted to see if I was fine as I didn't go to lunch." James lied easily and Severus wondered why he is not telling the truth to his best friend.

"That's.... New." Sirius said not knowing what else to say. He didn't know Severus was worried about James to come here and ask if he was fine just because James didn't go to lunch one day.

"We are friends now. Obviously, he is worried about me." James said smiling at Sirius who nodded not at all suspecting anything like Rabastan as he knew James inside out. James would never do what Rabastan was thinking.

"I'll leave then, I have class." Severus said and James hugged him shocking Severus and even the other two.

"Don't think too much." James sai/d pulling away. "And thanks."

"Yeah." Severus said still in shock that someone hugged him for the first time in his life. Even Lily, who says she loves him and he is her best friend never hugged him.

"Bye." James said and Severus walked out reeling from the shock. It wasn't until he was out that he realized that he didn't hug James back. He was angry at himself for that. James was the first one who was so nice to him even after everything. Yeah, James was an asshole to him before, but that was in the past and he is now trying to forget everything from the past. He shook his head and was determined that he wouldn't repeat this mistake again.

"I didn't know you are so close to him." Sirius said sitting on James' bed.

"We had a heart to heart conversation just now and he is regretting everything he did in the past. It won't be nice if I hold grudges even after him apologizing, don't you think?" James asked him. "He said that he will apologize to you, but it will take him some time to get the courage to accept his mistakes completely."

"He said that?" Sirius looked shocked. He remembered how Severus had so much fun when Bellatrix tortured him for the first time and was laughing madly beside her.

"He did." James nodded his head.

"That's nice." Sirius said. He believes James completely and knows James won't do anything without thinking properly about it.

"Hi Basti." James smiled at Rabastan who was still standing. "Why don't you sit down?"

"Yeah." Rabastan came out of his thoughts and sat beside Sirius, so close.

"Don't tell me that you two are now-" James stopped at Sirius smirk and laughed loudly. "I'm so happy for you." He shouted.

"Me too." Sirius chuckled.

"I was waiting when you two would stop pining and start dating." James said and Sirius rolled his eyes.

"We weren't pining." Sirius denied as Rabastan just stayed quiet not knowing what to think of James and his new friend. He was already a bit angry at James for giving such a stupid idea to Sirius and now this. Rabastan wasn't thinking properly and came to the worst conclusion.