Chapter 36

"Hi James." Severus smiled at him. James was lying on the couch reading a book very concentrated that he didn't notice anyone entering the room. James let the book fall onto his chest as he looked at Severus upside down and grinned at him. 

"Sev, Hi. I missed you." James sat up making sure to place a bookmark and closed the book. "What are you doing here though?" 

"I just wanted to see you and make sure you were fine." Severus shrugged and James smiled at him. 

"I'm fine. Marvolo reminds me to take the antidote every time and if I'm at Lestrange Manor, Dolph and Lucy remind me before I can take it. They are so worried about me. All three of them." James said smiling happily. "It feels so nice to be center of attention for someone."

"That's great, James." Severus chuckled taking a seat beside him. "How are your studies going?"

"Excellent, I have very good tutors." James beamed at him. "I don't need any tutoring in Transfiguration as I'm sure I can get an O even if write the exam right now. Marvolo is teaching me along with those two. It's really fun learning with them. So much better than Hogwarts even if I miss you all." 

"We miss you too." Severus said to him. 

"By the way, how is Jessie? I didn't get to meet her when I was there. Is she ok?" James asked and Severus grimaced slightly at that. He didn't know if he should tell James about her or not. 

"She is fine, but there is something that's happening at Hogwarts right now." Severus sighed thinking it would be best to just tell him about everything. 

"What?" James asked confused. 

"Dumbledore caught Regulus trying to force Jessie-" "Reggie would never do such thing. He is too young on top of that." James denied it. 

"Yes, we believe that too. Also, Dumbledore catching them is weird itself as he never checks any classroom while he is walking towards the great hall. There is something wrong in all this. Regulus is being kept as a prisoner in one of the empty classrooms, no one were allowed to meet him. Jessie is fine and she doesn't remember anything, making it even more weird. Dumbledore said she was shouting and that was why he opened the door to find what's happening in there. But, when she woke up from her sleep at Hospital Wing, she said she doesn't remember anything." Severus told him.

"Why can't the old man leave us alone? I'm not at Hogwarts anymore and now he is using Reggie for his benefit." James said angrily. "How are we going to get Reggie out? Is he even eating? How long is he going to be held prisoner and what are they doing with him?"

"No idea, James. Lord Black was furious when he knew about this and stormed into Hogwarts yesterday with his attorney. Dumbledore refused to let Regulus go as he wouldn't allow anyone to harass his school girls no matter their family name. Lord Black promised the old man to return with more force and Dumbledore would have no choice but surrender to him." Severus told him and James nodded. 

"It's because of me that now Reggie is suffering, If I stayed back there, Dumbledore wouldn't have set his sight on poor Reggie. I want to come back and help Reggie." James said clenching his fists on his lap in anger. 

"You know that you can't. Dumbledore is doing this just to bring you back. If you come back, then you are making it seem as if he won." Severus said to him. 

"I hate that bastard." James growled angrily. He stood up to pace in front of the couch and thought about what to do. "Let's go to Lord Black, I need to know what he is planning-"

"He is with Lord Slytherin." Severus informed him and had to rush after James into the receiving room to floo. James was already out of the room before Severus exited the floo and he had to rush to catch up with James.