Chapter 30

"So, what do you like to do in your free time?" James asked Rodolphus as they played wizarding chess for 4th time that day. Lucius has some work regarding the wizengamot and sat near the coffee table watching them from time to time. 

"I like drawing." Rodolphus admitted and James looked up surprised. "Muggle drawing to be specific."

"Wow, really?" James asked looking at him with wonder in his eyes. "I didn't know purebloods do that. I mean, you are a Lestrange"

"What do you mean by that?" Rodolphus looked at him with narrowed eyes. "I'm not some blood supremacist and you should know that. My family never-"

"I was just surprised, that's all. I'm not saying anything to you or your family." James said raising his hands in surrender. "I know someone who likes to draw as well."

"Oh really?" Rodolphus smirked inwardly as he looked at James curiously. Lucius too looked up from his work as he wanted to see how this is going to proceed. Just then there was a knock on the door and Lord Slytherin entered the room. 

"James, how are you feeling?" Marvolo asked coming to sit beside James on the bed. 

"I'm feeling numb all over, but that's good as there is no pain." James said to him smiling slightly. "I'm just glad that I can sit and talk instead of rolling on the bed in pain and crying my eyes out due to it."

"I'm glad that my charms are working to numb everything." Marvolo said before he looked at the chess board and then at the other two. "I'm here to tell you that Sirius will not be able to come and meet you often as he went to his father. They have something going on in their family at the moment and he needs to be there at the Black house with his father for a few days."

"It's alright. I don't mind him spending time with his father." James shrugged. "Is he ok?"

"Yes, he is perfectly fine and just worried about you. Other than that, there 's nothing wrong with him at all." Marvolo told him and James sighed in relief. "He is feeling guilty though."

"Guilty, why?" James asked him and Marvolo paused for a moment before shaking his head. 

"Just for not being able to protect you and not there for you here when you need him." Marvolo lied as he didn't want James to overthink and something to happen to him. "You should probably write to him and say he shouldn't think too much and take care of himself properly."

"I will write to him." James nodded his head rapidly. "Did you find anything for me?"

"Not yet." Marvolo shook his head and James sighed in defeat. 

"Am I going to die?" James asked and Marvolo sighed this time.

"We are doing everything we can, James." Marvolo told him. "Don't lose hope. Don't think too much either. Your negative thoughts can effect the progress of your body very badly."

"I'm sorry." James apologized. 

"Your parents were here after they read my letter. I told them that you are out with Severus on a potions conference. They were worried so wanted to know why you left so suddenly." Marvolo changed the topic. 

"I will write to them and make sure they know I'm fine." James told him. 

"That's good." Marvolo smiled at him slightly and patted his head lightly. "These two will stay with you and take care of you as me and Severus will be busy making the antidote."

"Won't your work be delayed because of me?" James asked looking at the two of them who shook their head smiling at him. 

"We want to help you and our work can wait and if it's so urgent then we can handle it from here or one of us will go." Rodolphus explained it to him. "Don't worry about us."