Chapter 29

"What happened?" Lucius asked when James didn't speak for a long time. "Are you in pain? Is it hurting too much? Do you want me to call Lord Slytherin over to check on you? Do you need any potion?"

"Lucius, calm down. Let him speak." Rodolphus said to him. 

"Sorry. What's wrong?" Lucius asked looking back at James. 

"I forgot." James slumped back on the bed exhausted. "How can I forget?"

"What's wrong? What did you forget?" Lucius asked frowning worriedly. 

"Jessie." James said and they sighed in relief. They thought something happened to him that he forgot to tell everyone. "She must be worried about me."

"Mmhmm." Rodolphus nodded his head and Lucius looked at him confused. "Not only Jessie, but also your friends. Don't you think? You didn't tell them anything. Sirius has to lie to them as you don't want anyone to know what's going on." 

"I- I don't want anyone to worry about me." James said glaring at him. "If they know, they would blame themselves for not being able to protect me. It's not like they can watch me 24/7 and protect me from everything. I shouldn't have been so careless even after Severus' warning. But I didn't think much and this happened. It's not their fault and they shouldn't be worried about me or blaming themselves. Sirius and Severus are already doing it more than enough. Now even you two are also worrying about me even if we don't know each other that well. I just care about the people I love. Is it wrong?" 

"Calm down, James." Rodolphus sighed rubbing his hair lightly. "It's not wrong, but think about Sirius. He is lying to everyone, even Basti. They just started dating and Sirius is lying to him every second. Is it fair to him? Why won't you tell everyone what happened? Just like you they worry about the people they love. If Lupin, Basti or Regulus are in your place, wouldn't you want them to share about themselves with you?"

"But-" "No buts, James. Yes or no?" Rodolphus asked and James sighed but nodded his head. 

"You have your answer right there." Rodolphus said and James shook his head. 

"I just can't tell them. I just can't. Please don't make me do it." James said to him pleadingly and Lucius sighed. 

"We are not forcing you.." Lucius stopped himself from calling James the nicknames he is used to and bit his tongue. "James." 

"It's been a day that I'm here, right?" James asked them suddenly and they nodded. "I didn't talk to them." He mumbled looking around for his journal but remembered that he didn't bring it with him yesterday. 

"Where is Sirius?" He asked them. 

"He went to Hogwarts." Rodolphus told him and James nodded fiddling with his hands. He can't even tell them about L and R. James' eyes widened suddenly when he felt something. 

"Are you fine?" Lucius noticed the change in James' behavior suddenly and asked lightly. "What do you want from Sirius, I can ask Severus to go and talk to him."

"I- Nothing." James shook his head with a little frown as he looked at Lucius and then at his hand. 

"Are you sure?" Lucius asked him placing his hand on top of James' who jerked up slightly and looked back at his face. 

"Yeah." James nodded his head slightly in daze. 

"You can tell us if something's bothering you, James." Lucius still pressed and James hesitated before sighing. 

"I just want to-" "To?" Rodolphus asked him and James sighed again. "What's wrong that you are sighing so many times?"

"I need to use the restroom." James mumbled in embarrassment and Rodolphus took a moment before chuckling at the cute guy beside him. He ruffled James' hair once again and picked him up without any effort. Lucius rolled his eyes at the big man who is just showing off his muscles to James.