Chapter 27

"What's going on?" Dumbledore smashed the things in his office angrily. "Why would James go somewhere with Severus?"

"Headmaster-" "Shut up!" Dumbledore shouted at Lily making her look down in fear. "Is there anything else, Richard?" Dumbledore asked the portrait who gave him information. 

"No, Albus. I couldn't hear much except that they are together out of the country. The younger Black left with the wolf who reprimanded him from saying anything else." The man in the portrait explained to him. 

"Thank you, Richard." Dumbledore nodded. 

Lily was confused as to what's happening. Is the potion not working on Potter? She thought frowning lightly. He can't be roaming when he is in pain? And why is Severus with Potter? How can they be together? What's going on? She was getting mad with all those questions revolving in her mind. She can't even see the Potter bastard suffer for insulting her if he is not at Hogwarts. 

"What were you thinking?" Dumbledore's shout brought Lily out of her thoughts. "How can you even think of hurting him and sending him to the hospital wing? I gave you two a very simple task and you are just trying to ruin my whole plan from day 1. Why couldn't you just be nice to James from the start and use him like I wanted you to?" 

"Headmaster, you said you didn't want me to look like a gold digger to the other purebloods so I was just trying to be tough in front of everyone." Lily whispered not daring to raise her voice as she didn't want him to think that she is talking back to him and get even more angry at her. 

"Headmaster, it was Lily's plan to stun him-" "Shut up, Pettigrew. Don't you dare push the blame on me." Lily said angrily. "I tried to stop you from hitting him so many times, but you wouldn't listen to me and just continued hitting him till he was hurt-" "If not for you trying to get your revenge on him and stunning him. I wouldn't even be standing over his stunned body-" 

"Enough!" Dumbledore shouted at them. "What revenge, Lily?" 

"Nothing, Headmaster. Pettigrew is just saying-" "What revenge?" Dumbledore asked her with force and she shook her head afraid. 

"Really nothing, Headmaster. I swear. I just wanted to stun him and make it seem like he took advantage of me when I was going to my room. Pettigrew spoiled it all." Lily made up a lie on the spot and Dumbledore looked at her for some time testing her. She looked him in the eye and he nodded lightly. 

"You are going to regret it, Peter." Dumbledore said darkly before sending both of them away. 

-

"How can you do this to me?" Peter was so afraid when they left the office. "He is going to punish me for what you did. It was your plan to poison James. I only broke his rib, that's all. He wouldn't even listen to me now. I'm going to suffer because of you."

"Shut your fucking mouth, Pettigrew. The walls have ears. Anyone can hear us. Don't shout." She hissed looking around in fear. "I know it's my fault, but I can't let him know about the poison. He will surely sell my body to those old perverts for a week this time. Every time, it was only for a night, but if he knows about this..." Lily shuddered in fear. 

"Do you think my punishment is going to be easy? He is going to curse me to hell and back." Peter said almost crying in pain at the thought of punishment. 

"I'm sorry, Peter. I'll make sure that Mary agrees to go on a date with you this Hogsmeade." She looked at his long face and sneered in her heart. "The next two Hogsmeade weekends." 

"Fine." He growled out and she rolled her eyes at his back. Mary is a fool who listens to her and does everything that she says, so it's not going to be hard asking her to go out with him on Hogsmeade. No need to worry about such trivial matters, what she is worried about at the moment is James Potter and Severus Snape. What are they up to? What is going on between them? When did they become so good friends in the first place?