Chapter 8

James looked back to see his mum and dad waving at him. He smiled and waited for them to come to him as Jessie is with him and she can get lost if he hurries towards them. Dorea hugged him as soon as she was near and he hugged her back tightly. Charlus ruffled his hair and hugged him.

"Oh and who is this little cutie?" Charlus asked looking at the small girl who blushed at the praise.

"I'm Jessica Cox." She said shyly.

"Ah, James told us about you. Nice to meet you, sweetheart." Dorea said hugging her. Jessica melted into her embrace. Charlus lifted her into his arms.

"So, what are you doing here?" Charlus asked James playfully making James chuckle and shake his head.

"No, dad. We didn't sneak out like last time." James explained what happened and both of them were angry.

"What is Dumbledore thinking? He gave only 100 galleons for everything including clothes?" Dorea said angrily.

"I hope you didn't get her only with those 100 galleons, James." Charlus looked at him pointedly.

"Oh, no. He bought so many things with his- I mean your money. I wanted to protest but he didn't even ask me, he just bought everything. Miss Evans was trying to stop him. She was not happy that James was spending all his money on a dirty snake." Jessie said quietly.

"No, no, dear. You are not a dirty snake. I agree with the snake part as you are a Slytherin just like my wife. But, you are so good and beautiful. Don't listen to anyone else." Charlus said and tapped her on the nose drawing out a giggle. They all smiled at her.

"So, Evans was here with you. Where is she?" Dorea asked so only James can hear her while Charlus was talking to Jessie a bit animatedly.

"She just left and I was about to follow when you called me. Dumbledore sent  us as we are head boy and girl and as Jessie is a girl, she needs a girl to help her in buying clothes and all. But, all Evans did was humiliate and criticise her. I bought most of the things which I thought would be nice. I was actually thinking maybe to write you and select some more. We went to Twillfit. They have her measurements. Do you think you can go and select some designs and any other things needed for her. I only got some dresses for casual wear, the rest will be delivered through owl." James said to her.

"Of course, I can do that." Dorea smiled at him. "Also, why did Evans has a problem if you bought Jessie something?"

"She thinks I'm her future husband." James sighed wrapping his arms around his mother. "I'm just tired, mum. She is irritating me so much. I don't understand. Severus came to me last hogsmeade and said that I should be careful around Lily and Peter. He said he can't say why but said me to be careful." James buried his face in his mother's shoulder.

James was thankful that his dad has erected a privacy bubble around them, he is not ashamed of showing affection to his parents publicly. He just didn't want any of them to listen to their conversation.

"It's ok, James. Just be careful and don't care about people like her. She is not worthy of your time anymore. You gave her more than enough time of yours to her. She might be an attention seeker, she liked it when you asked her on dates or proposed her. Now, you are not even looking at her twice, so she is not liking it." Dorea rubbed his back.

"I don't want to go back, mum." James said like a child. Dorea chuckled and didn't say anything. "I didn't get any letter from them." He said pulling apart from her.

"You didn't?" James shook his head. "I waited all this week, they didn't write." Even though, James was not showing it, she knows that he is sad and disappointed. He got attached to those two in just two weeks and 13 letters and 13 gifts.