Chapter 9

"Hello Jessie." Sirius smiled at her so sweet that James want nothing more than to run away as far as possible from Sirius. He is a Black and when a Black smiles sweetly, then you should probably run away for your life.

"Sirius" Jessie smiled back at him.

"Were you with James all day?" Sirius asked even more sweetly that James started sweating. He wanted to talk but Sirius was ignoring him at the moment and he feared Sirius would just throw a killing curse if he opened his mouth.

"Yeah, we went to Diagon Alley with Miss Evans." Jessie told him what happened and James felt a small hope that maybe after hearing what she said Sirius won't kill him. Sirius nodded at her.

"Why don't you go with Regulus to dinner? I need to talk to James for a moment. We'll be in the great hall in a few moments." Jessie nodded and took Regulus' offered hand.

"Bye Jamie." She said and went with Regulus. James wanted to stop her from going. He didn't want his only escape from Sirius to go away.

Sirius turned his attention towards James as soon as the door closed behind Regulus and Jessie. James tried to smile at him but Sirius was glaring daggers at him making him gulp nervously.

"Padfoot, I know-" James started but Sirius cut him off shouting making the others wince.

"YOU KNOW? WHAT DO YOU KNOW? YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED I WAS? YOU JUST LEFT WITHOUT SAYING ANYTHING. YOU DIDN'T COME TO THE GREAT HALL FOR BREAKFAST. YOU WERE NOT IN YOUR ROOM. YOU DIDN'T LEAVE ANY MESSAGE OR NOTE TO TELL YOU WILL BE GOING. YOU DIDN'T SEND US ANY PATRONUS LIKE LAST TIME SAYING YOU ARE GOING OUT. YOU JUST VANISHED FOR A WHOLE DAY. I SEARCHED THE WHOLE CASTLE EVEN AFTER CHECKING THE MAP. I SEARCHED FOR YOU IN HOGSMEADE BUT YOU WERE NOT THERE. I THOUGHT SOMEONE MUST'VE DONE SOMETHING TO YOU. DUMBLEDORE MUST'VE DONE SOMETHING TO YOU. EVANS WAS NOT THERE TOO. I FEARED THE WORST. AND YOU SAY YOU KNOW. WHAT TO DO YOU KNOW?" Sirius was so mad to be shouting at James.

James just went forward and hugged Sirius tightly. Sirius hugged him back. They loved each other as brothers. James doesn't know how he must've felt, yes but he can understand as he would be the same if Sirius has a headmaster behind him wanting to date and marry a bitch and suddenly Sirius disappears for a whole day.

"I'm so sorry, Siri. I was coming to the great hall when Dumbledore appeared in front of me and took me to his office with him. I saw Jessie crying and Dumbledore explained what happened. He sent me and Evans to Diagon Alley. Evans was so irritating that I forgot to send you a message. I'm sorry, Siri. I'm really sorry. Please, forgive me." James looked at him in the eye. "I promise. I will always tell you before going somewhere next time."

Sirius wanted to stay angry but he couldn't, he hugged him again and smacked him on the head. James laughed wetly. The other two just smiled looking at them.

"I forgive you this time but next time you vanish somewhere like this, I will tie you to my hand and never let you go till you get married." Sirius said very seriously.

"I don't have any problem being tied to you." James said pulling apart. "I'm really sorry for going without saying, Siri. It's just Evans arguing with me. Dumbledore sent us hurriedly, then he gave only 100 galleons for her things."

"100 galleons? Is he fucking mad?" Sirius yelled but not as loud as before.

"I bought extra things for her with my money. Evans had a problem with it. She thinks, she is my future wife and doesn't want OUR money to be wasted on a dirty snake." James sneered.

"What's her problem exactly? I don't understand." Remus spoke for the first time. James just shook his head.

"Jessie is going to stay with me for some days. Slughorn promised to talk to parents of those girls who burned her things." James said to them.