Chapter 22

"Are you fine?" Severus asked looking at Sirius who was pacing in front of the couch in the living room. Sirius looked at him and nodded his head before continuing to pace. Severus rolled his eyes at the stupid man in front of him. He is clearly not fine and yet he is nodding his head saying he is fine. Severus shook his head and sat on the arm chair near the fire place and waited for Lily to come back to her dorm. 

"Why is she out today?" Sirius spoke after some time. "She always stays here in the common room back then and tries to nag at James."

"She-" Severus stopped and took his wand out to check the room and nodded when there are no charms in the room and looked back at Sirius. "She gave up on James. That was why she poisoned him, don't you think?"

"Of course." Sirius groaned at that. "That bitch will regret even being born." 

"Don't be angry at Rabastan." Severus said suddenly. "He is just a bit insecure." 

"You don't have to say it. I wasn't even thinking about him. I'm just worried about James." Sirius said surprising Severus. He really thought Sirius was pacing because of Rabastan. So, Heir Black is not as stupid as he thought. Severus thought amusedly. 

"That's good then." Severus nodded and looked away from him. 

"Why did you stay back?" Sirius asked him after a while sitting on the couch tired. "What were you talking to him?"

"I just said that he should tell his brother and Lucius to ask James what happened yesterday." Severus said. "James is a bit afraid to fall in love even though he is already in love with them without knowing."

"He said that to you." Sirius looked surprised. "He didn't tell me..." Sirius trailed looking hurt. 

"He said that yesterday when you came with Rabastan and saw both of us." Severus said and Sirius nodded, but still felt that James should've said it to him. "Look, I know the both of them and he knows that I know them. But, he doesn't know that you know them too. So, he can't be sure if you try to say they are good."

"Makes sense, I guess." Sirius nodded at that looking satisfied. Severus shook his head at him. He should be possessive of Rabastan not James. People might misunderstand him like this. But, who cares, he thought. "Before, you said that you asked someone help." 

"I can't tell-" The door opened at that moment and Lily entered. She narrowed her eyes at the two of them as soon as she saw them and was about to open her mouth when Severus sent a silencing spell towards her and locked the door behind her. He didn't even give her time before attacking her mind. He went through her memories one by one and found the one where she was in the Restricted section of the library and looking through a book pf poisons. Severus gritted his teeth and exited from her mind. 

"Obliviate." Sirius said as soon as Severus lowered his wand. Lily's eyes glazed as Severus removed the silencing spell and Sirius sent her back to her dorm making her think that she just entered the common room and went to her dorm. 

"Well, did you find it?" Sirius asked looking impatient. Severus looked angry and Sirius expected the worst and his guess was right when Severus opened his mouth to tell him. 

-

"Severus, you are back." The man said and raised an eyebrow when he saw someone else coming out of the fireplace behind Sirius. Sirius' eyes widened slightly when he looked at the man. "Heir Black, pleasure to meet you."

"Sirius, what are you doing here?" Rodolphus asked looking surprised at him. 

"Don't you have class?" Lucius looked at the two of them.