Chapter 14

Sirius laid on the bed as James and Remus left with closed eyes and didn't notice Rabastan entering the hospital wing. He was so lost in thoughts and was startled when someone placed a hand on his shoulder and opened his eyes to look at Rabastan. A smile lit up on his face as soon as he saw him. He came, thank you so much James, he thought to himself smiling at Rabastan even more making him remove his hand from his shoulder and Sirius almost whined but stopped himself in time. Soon, he thought to himself.

"How are you?" Rabastan asked looking uncomfortable for some reason and Sirius didn't like it at all.

"I'm good but Madam Pomfrey won't let me leave. She says I have to stay for the rest of the day. Why should I stay when I'm fine?" Sirius said groaning as he sat up on the bed and patted the space beside him for Rabastan to took a seat hoping he would take the seat and sit near him.

Rabastan looked at the place before taking a seat on the stool beside the bed where James sat a while ago. Sirius' face fell lightly but was happy that at least he didn't leave the place completely. Rabastan looked at Sirius who was smiling at him and frowned. Why is he smiling like that from the moment he entered. Is there something on his face? He thought almost touching his face to check but decided to ask him instead of making a fool of himself.

"What?" He asked.

"What?" Sirius asked him back.

"Why are you smiling?" Rabastan asked frowning even more than before and Sirius grinned at him mischievously.

"I thought we were not friends." Sirius said and Rabastan glared at him. He was here to see if Sirius was fine or not and he was saying this? Does he want him to leave? Fine, he will leave. He thought angrily. May be, his girl friend doesn't want him near others like him.

"I just wanted to check if my friend's brother was fine or not." Rabastan said crossing his arms over his chest still staying even if he wanted to leave.

"Right." Sirius nodded his head seriously.

"I'll leave if you have so much of a problem." He said almost getting up to leave. He won't stay here if Sirius is going to talk to him like that.

"I was joking Basti. Calm down and sit. Merlin, you are not even taking a joke as a joke. What happened to you?" Sirius said pushing him back on to the stool. Rabastan didn't complain and sat there avoiding to look at Sirius and looked around. He didn't even bother to answer his question as he didn't want to answer.

Madam Pomfrey came out of her office at that moment and looked a t Rabastan who was sitting beside Sirius' bed and then at Sirius. She went to check on Sirius and nodded her head.

"You are fine-" She was saying but Sirius cut her off.

"Can I leave then?" He asked looking at her hopefully.

"No-" She was cut off again by him.

"But you said I'm fine." He asked looking at her impatient and irritated.

"Let me speak Black." Madam Pomfrey said sternly and he grumbled something leaning back. "As I was saying, you can't leave yet. I just want to make sure that you won't get boils again. You can leave at night."

"But, I'm fine. Why should I stay? I don't understand." Sirius said annoyed. "I'm not a kid that can't take care of himself and need to be here for a whole day."

"What if you get the boils again?" She asked him.

"I'll come back here then. Not a big deal. James can bring me back if I can't come by myself. You don't have to worry about what ifs. I can manage. As I said I'm not a kid." He shrugged.