epilogue

A good rule of thumb would be to know that Melanie and Calum can't keep things platonic for the life of them.

However, the two had made it to graduation without even a peck on the lips. It was needless to say that their friends were impressed.

"I can't believe this is happening." Mel sighs, staring at the stage, with her diploma in hand.

Calum had convinced the boy next to Melanie to switch seats with him, not caring for the alphabetical order that had been separating himself from his crush. "Only a few more announcements left and we can get out of here."

Melanie smiles at the boy, taking in every part of his face. The only one in their group of friends who had the intention of going to college had been Alexis. The boys were going to pursue their dream of music, while Melanie was going to move in with Luke, working part-time to help pay rent. "You look really nice."

Calum smirks. "Tell me something I don't know." Melanie resists the urge to state that she wanted to skip the rest of the ceremony and just kiss him. Of course, she has more self-control than that. "Honestly though, you look incredible."

"I look like I'm wearing a Snuggie and have a square attached to my head."

Calum just chuckles and leans into Melanie's shoulder. "God, I love you." (Which was true. He hadn't stopped loving Melanie since around the first time they kissed.)

"May the senior class stand?" Calum and Melanie steal a glance at each other before rising with their fellow classmates. "You've each come a long way," Calum's hand finds Melanie's, and he grasps it. Giving Melanie's hand a reassuring squeeze, Calum returns his attention to the principal's speech. "Congratulations to this year's senior class, and we wish you all the best on any future endeavors you may come across!"

It was cliché as heck: caps being thrown into the air, people cheering, some crying. "Melanie?"

She glances at the older boy, who still has a soft hold on her hand. "Yeah, Cal-Pal?"

Under his breath, he mumbles to himself; "I can't believe I'm doing this."

Calum pulls Melanie closer with his hands on her hips, awfully similar to the first time they kissed. Without a second thought, he connects his lips with hers.

Michael, being the obnoxious boy he is, sees the pair and cheers. "It's about time!"

Melanie pulls away from Calum with a small smile. "Woah."

Calum laughs, "Yeah."

»

The boys had a surprising amount of success with their career as musicians. So much, in fact, they had been given the opportunity to move to Los Angeles for a few months and get a better insight on the industry and paving their way as a band. Luke wasn't too keen on leaving Melanie behind. If anything, he was the most upset out of each of the boys. He and Melanie had known each other practically their entire lives; it was too hard to just leave her behind. "We can bring you along, really. It won't be too hard, Mel."

She sighs. "Luke, I'd just be a burden on you guys." She gives him a half-hearted smile. "You guys are going places, who would I be to hinder that?"