thirty

As much as Luke loved Aries, it was hard being joined at the hip with her. He missed Melanie; they had always been best friends, but he was slowly losing her to Ashton and Michael, while they were also losing him to Aries. That being said, just sitting down and being able to have some alone time with Melanie was nice.

"I need advice." Melanie states. The girl with the newly blue hair is laid upside down on her bed as her head hangs off the edge.

"If it's love advice, go to Ashton, not me." Luke is sitting on the floor playing some irrelevant game on his phone. If he looks up, he's eye-to-eye with Melanie's blue hair, which is already almost in his face, as she dangles off the bed.

"Yeah, but you'll be real with me. I've been worrying over this all night and I know your point of view is the one I need." She straightens herself out and faces Luke eye-to eye. Crossing her arms and leaning down a bit further. "Luke, please," she nearly begs the lanky boy who's presumably ignoring her. "You've never led me wrong."

Luke lays his phone on his chest and wraps his holds together, placing them atop his cell phone. "What can I do for ya, Mel?"

She sighs, not moving from the uncomfortable position she's placed herself in. "I think I may still like Calum," Luke huffs in surprise, but obvious in disapproval."I want you to tell me I'm stupid but I also hope you'll just go along with this."

Luke smiles sympathetically. "You can't help who you like Mel, even if the guy's a compulsive liar who dated a girl to rebound on a relationship he never had."

Melanie groans. "Shut up, Lucas. I actually need help."

"I wouldn't be surprised if you do. I mean you still like Calum, so I think that's a legitimate reason enough."

"I think I'd be better off asking Michael for help on this one." Melanie sighs.

"Didn't he already do that?" Luke inquires with a sarcastic tone to his tongue. Melanie inaudibly gasps and grabs a small pillow, throwing it at him. Luke laughs, but stops as soon as he started. "Really though, asking Michael is just getting desperate. We both know that."

Melanie sighs. She reaches her right arm down and begins to play with Luke's dirty, blond hair. For the first time in a while, it's not styled. His hair graces across his forehead delicately; it was Malanie's favorite when he looked like this.

"Do you honestly know what I think you should do?" Asks Luke quietly. His eyes are closed, and he's fighting not to fall asleep at five in the morning, though Melanie knows she's not far behind him.

"Yeah."

"Go for it."

"Really?"

Luke nods a bit. "Yeah, you should. Calum and you have something special. If the five of us can become friends with him again on your behalf, I'm excited to see what you guys can accomplish as a couple."

Melanie chuckles. "We could give you and Aries some competition for the senior superlative of cutest couple."

"If they even have it." Luke smiles at his suddenly optimistic friend. She wasn't being quite naive yet, which allowed him to have some faith in her intentions. "If you don't mind me asking, what made you suddenly want to go back to chasing Calum?"

Melanie blushes a soft pink color across her cheeks. "When I visited him last week, he told me he still had feelings for me."

Luke moves his hands and runs them through his hair. He rolls his eyes. "Melanie," he grunts. "You've got to be kidding me."

"I know it sounds ridiculous, but hearing him say that just... changed something." Melanie looks down at a unsurprised Lucas. "I don't fully want to give him a second chance yet, but I could tell that he truly meant it."

"Calum and the truth?" Luke scoffs. "Yeah, that makes sense."

"Luke-"

"My opion still stands," he states. "If you think that's what's best for you, then go for it."

»

an: aww did you guys miss luke

hey btw LISTEN TO THE SONGS I MAKE REFERENCES ABOUT BECAUSE THE SONGS IN FULL ACTUALLY GIVE HINTS TO THE STORY OKAY JUST SAYING LIKE I'VE REFERENCED FOUR OR FIVE SO

also, don't forget the new character ask!!