nine

Melanie,

I hope you decided to sit here for the rest of the year, otherwise this note may be in the hands of someone of whom it wasn't meant for.

So if it's the latter: Hey, how you doing? Please give this to Melanie.

Anyway I'm sorry for chickening out and not talking to you today. I made up some excuse to talk to the teacher about the syllabus and ran to class because I didn't want to be confronted by you.

It's stupid, I know.

I suppose I felt intimidated by you. You are a million times better in person and we've never actually spoken to each other. Saying such a thing may be a stretch on my part, but my mind is all jumbled up right now.

I can't even begin to comprehend the idea of actually meeting you and speaking to you in person. How crazy of a thought is that?

I suppose not by much, because it'll probably happen tomorrow.

I still feel kinda bad for just walking away from you like that. I'd invite you out to lunch this weekend but I know that if I can't work up the nerve to speak to you in class, then there's no way I could do it elsewhere.

Maybe I'll just buy you All Time Low tickets? You and I could go while you leave Luke in class (this is the point where you laugh, because I'm just ever-so-amazing at jokes) (please realize that I'm not actually buying you concert tickets).

I'll talk to you soon.

Maybe.

Gosh, I'm actually not sure.

How about we just start with a wave?

Yeah, I can do that.

Hopefully.

This note is a mess.

- Calum