author's note

This is just a quick note to clarify that this book will be going on a kind-of-indefinite hiatus.

I've decided to do this because I don't enjoy writing this book as much as I used to, if at all. I never planned out this book, therefore 90% of the chapters were a "let's wing it" kind of thing. Because of this, I found myself creating plot holes while messing up the original idea I had for this book.

This used to be my favorite book of mine to write. But now, both writing and reading the book are cringeworthy. The quality of the book lessened as it went on, and I knew that as it was happening.

Melanie was never supposed to go on a roadtrip with anyone. Michael was never supposed to like Melanie. The book was supposed to end during their summer break. Melanie was never supposed to profess her "love" for Calum.

Instead, Calum was supposed to write Melanie love letters to try and get her back. Alexis and Ashton were meant to stay broken up. Aries and Luke were meant to be highschool sweethearts.

This book is just filled with things that were never supposed to occur in the plot, all because I felt the need to try and make every chapter interesting. However, all that resulted was messy book that started out pretty great, only to get worse and worse as it dragged on.

That being said, here's the plan:

1) This book will begin being rewritten. No chapters will be removed, but rather specific chapters will be updated so the writing skill is up to par, and the chapter makes sense as a whole.

2) Obviously, a lot is going to change within the plot of this book. Therefore, once each chapter that is updated, I will post it on the message board of my profile so we can all be caught up with the new plot.

3) I will try to update each chapter at the same time. I plan to do this by taking some time to write out each updated part before uploading anything. That way, I can put up each updated piece to save confusion on what has been changed and what has not.

4) Feel free to read any of my previous works in the meantime. Sad to say, "Noted" was my book I was most proud of and therefore spent the most time on, so many of my other works do not have as much uploaded. However, "Jaded" has some written already, and "Blank Space" will begin publication soon. I have several other books I plan on posting soon, as well as others I have written that aren't my best works.

5) If you have any questions, feel free to comment them, post them on my message board, or send me a message.

This book is not being discontinued, just put on hiatus until it is rewritten.

I don't want this book to keep heading on the path it has been, so I found this to be the best choice.

"Noted" will only get better from here, and I look forward to being able to share it with you guys.

- hxmmxngs