two

"Melanie,
I'm addressing this note to you in particular because you were the only one who's name was suggested on the note you lazily left under my desk.
That is, unless you're the other co-author with the terrible handwriting; I doubt it though because the last person to write on the note was the one with the illegible handwriting (not that mine is any better) (it is), which can only lead me to assume that you received the note last and kept it.
Can you tell I'm trying to make a good impression? I think first impressions are the key to a friendship, whether or not they unlock the door leading to one is a different story.
I guess by me pretending that I'm super great with words and writing wasn't the best first impression because I'm already lying to you.
I'm just a guy with a good understanding of math who happens to take the same class with the same teacher just minutes after your class is dismissed. Maybe if the classes were split differently in the beginning of the semester we'd have been in class together.
But no, I'm here looking over my notes in hopes that I could clarify the lesson to you and your friend.
My best guess is that maybe you entered the equation into your calculator wrong and that threw off your notes due to you starting off incorrectly.
Reset the calculator and enter it in carefully using the steps in your notes from yesterday and see if that works.
- C.H
ps: You should leave me a note, my only friend in this class sits on the opposite side of the room so it's not that easy to talk to them."

//

Calum folds the piece of notebook paper twice and writes "MEL" on it. Using the small piece of translucent tape he picked up several minutes prior, he tapes the note under the desk before returning to his classwork.