pt. twelve

Florence

"Ugh, I'll never pass this test." the girl who sits next to me in Psychology groans. I look to my left to see her head in her hand with her elbow on her desk.

As it's only the second week, I don't really know anyone still. This girl sits next to me in every Psychology class and I've had moments where I want to talk to her but I'm too scared.

She's gorgeous, there's no denying that.

She looks Korean, like me, but she has dyed orange hair which is in a French plait. She also looks very kind; I see her smiling with her friend, who sits on her left, every day and it makes me jealous that I don't have a best friend of my own.

My friends that I have now are all Felix's friends, not friends I made myself. To be honest, I've gotten closer with Minho, we message every day and we sometimes see each other around campus.

But, it's not the same.

They're also all boys and I think it would be nice to have a girl friend.

"You'll be fine, stop stressing." her friend speaks, who has short blonde hair in a low bun. She's also beautiful and I can't help but compare myself to them.

I try to think of an excuse to talk to them, they look like nice people and I promised my mother I'd come out of my shell more.

Speaking of my mother, I need to ring her.

Looking at the bottom corner of my laptop screen, at my battery percentage, I see it's quite low. I sit next to the wall which means there's plug next to me which is very handy.

Using this as an excuse, I mentally prepare myself before clearing my throat and turning to the orange haired girl. "Hey, do any of you have a laptop charger I can borrow?" I ask, my heart races when they turn to me.

A big smile graces the orange haired girl's face and she grabs her bag, rummaging around for a moment before pulling out a charger. "Here you go." she hands me the charger, her pearly teeth are on show and I feel comfortable around her.

"Thank you..." I drag, giving the hint I don't know her name.

"Oh! I'm Yeji and this is my best friend Ryujin." she gestures to the blonde haired girl and she waves.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you." she smiles kindly and I smile back.

"Nice to meet you too, I'm Florence. Thank you for the charger." I reply back, feeling very comfortable around these girls.

"No problem." she says and I plug the charger in before focussing back on the class.

Once the class ends, all the students rush out of their seats, wanting to get out as quickly as possible. I check the time to see it's only four and Hyunjin texted me not long ago saying Felix will be going out around seven.

Yeji and Ryujin are talking whilst walking down the steps, to the front of the classroom, in front of me.

"Shall we ask Florence?" Ryujin turns around and my eyes widen, not expecting her to turn around let alone talk to me.