pt. twenty-eight

Florence

"So how did you two meet again?" Hyunjin asks, stuffing a chip into his mouth afterwards.

"My family owns an ice cream shop. Florence and Felix came in one day and I don't know... I guess I couldn't stop thinking about him." Changbin looks down at his food, smiling. "So when he came back a few days after, I had to ask him out." he chuckles and a massive grin appears on my face.

Felix blushes and lays his head on Changbin's shoulder as he sits next to him whilst sitting opposite me, Hyunjin on my right with Changbin opposite him.

I wish I could lay my head on Hyunjin's shoulder but then I remember Felix and a small amount of guilt rises in me.

"How did you two meet?" Changbin asks back, looking at both me and Hyunjin. Hyunjin chokes on the chip he's eating and my face goes bright red.

"U-Us?" I question, slightly flustered.

"Yeah? You two are together, no?" Changbin looks confused, chewing on a bite of his pizza. I go wide eyed, not knowing where he's got this from. I take a peek at Felix, his head is still on Changbin's shoulder but a small smirk is on his lips and I instantly avert my gaze to the table.

"Um... w-we're not together." Hyunjin chuckles awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck.

"Oh." disappointment is evident in Changbin's voice and I can't help but look at Felix again. He's staring back me, a bigger smirk on his lips. I raise my eyebrows warningly and he just chuckles, the smirk still there.

"But we met through Felix if that answers your question." Hyunjin laughs lightly, fidgeting in his seat next to me. I look back up at Changbin to see he's nodding at Hyunjin.

I clear my throat to break the awkward silence, deciding to start another conversation. "Do you go to university, Changbin?" I ask him and he nods again.

"Yeah, I go to the same one as you guys but I'm in my last year." he smiles at me. "I do maths too, I guess that's why we get along." he chuckles and I raise my eyebrows, impressed.

The awkward tension disappears throughout dinner and I can tell Hyunjin is grateful that I changed the subject. We have random conversations, me getting to know Changbin better.

However, the night doesn't last long and we eventually finish our food. We share the bill and we get ready to leave.

When we're outside in the car park, me and Hyunjin wait for Felix and Changbin to say their goodbyes.

They talk for a bit, me not grasping their conversation that well, and Changbin grabs Felix's hands. He places a kiss on his lips before Felix turns and runs to me and Hyunjin.

"Guyssss." Felix smiles sweetly, looking like a child who wants something. "Do you mind if I stay at Binnie's again?" he then asks and I roll my eyes playfully.

"You don't have to keep asking you know, you can just stay over but tell me first so I know where you are." I chuckle and his eyes light up. He jumps and hugs me tightly.

"Thank you, Grumpy." he ruffles my hair and I poke his side.

"Have fun." I wink and he blushes. Changbin laughs at our interaction before walking over to me and giving me a quick hug.